The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-07-2022, 09:27 AM
Charter Member

That guitar sells the case as an extra. You got a free one.
Old 12-07-2022, 06:01 PM

I drove the 45 minutes to Guitar Center today and they asked me if I would like to play the other one they had hanging and I said sure. I could tell by the serial number that it was another June of 2021 build and it looked nice and played nice and I was ready to take it but then I looked at the strap pin area and it was the same rising of the finish. Not quite as bad but still happening.

They really are not too organized at all. As they asked me if the case was mine. I said no but Im sure if I had said yest I would have walked out with it.

I just got a full refund.
Old 12-07-2022, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskyman View Post
I drove the 45 minutes to Guitar Center today and they asked me if I would like to play the other one they had hanging and I said sure. I could tell by the serial number that it was another June of 2021 build and it looked nice and played nice and I was ready to take it but then I looked at the strap pin area and it was the same rising of the finish. Not quite as bad but still happening.

They really are not too organized at all. As they asked me if the case was mine. I said no but Im sure if I had said yest I would have walked out with it.

Guitar Center is a circus.

Good choice with walking this back.

Gibson SJ200
Taylor Grand Symphony
Taylor 514CE-NY
Taylor 814CE Deluxe V-Class
Guild F1512
Alvarez DY74 Snowflake ('78)
Old 12-07-2022, 09:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskyman View Post

June 2021 must have been a bad month at the Epiphone factory. The IBG J-45 that I had for a few weeks was a well built guitar with no issues. I don't know when it was made.
Gibson J-45 Standard
Breedlove Pursuit Concerto CE
Takamine F400S 12-string
Yamaha FG800
Citation CIT8000 "The Survivor"
Electrics:
Fender Standard Stratocaster (2004)

Last edited by pickinray; 12-07-2022 at 09:37 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion