The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Harp Guitar

Old 08-04-2023, 03:28 PM

Smile Greetings from a New Harp Guitar Player!

Greetings, harp-guitarists and the harp-guitar-adjascent!

I'm a life-long guitar-player/multi-instrumentalist, professional performer/educator/composer, but relatively new to harp guitar playing. I acquired a Timberline T70HGc in January of this year, slapped some sharp levers on it, and haven't looked back. I was familiar with the instrument, having played in a band with William Nicholson back in Syracuse, NY quite a bit, but hadn't considered trying to play it myself, until last December. I'm nuts about it. I'm only just now reaching out to the forum here because I could finally put it down long enough to write. I hope to be doing a lot with this instrument for the rest of my professional life, and then in retirement (if that's ever an option) just I because I can't think of anything else I'd rather do.

So, hello, everyone, and I hope to learn from and contribute to this forum as much as possible, and all that kind of stuff!

Cheers!

Victor
Old 08-05-2023, 08:44 PM
Charter Member

You should consider coming to the Harp Guitar Gathering. This years event is the 21st annual and it will be in Mooresville NC the last weekend of October. PM me for details, I am this years’s host.
Old 08-06-2023, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleplucker View Post
You should consider coming to the Harp Guitar Gathering. This years event is the 21st annual and it will be in Mooresville NC the last weekend of October. PM me for details, I am this years’s host.
Welcome to the wonderful world of the harp guitar, Victor. Sounds like you are off and running with it -- awesome.

I consider the annual Harp Guitar Gathering "Strongly Recommended" for all harp guitarists and aspiring harp guitarists. I will be there again this year as well.
Larrivee: CS09 Matt Thomas Limited
Taylor: 314ce, 356e, Baritone 8
Timberline: T60HGc
Old 08-10-2023, 10:44 AM

Thank you!

I can go on a bit about how much I love playing this thing, but I'll save it for a Gathering. Thanks for the encouragement, and I look forward to meeting y'all!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Harp Guitar