The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-17-2020, 07:39 AM

Default Impressed By B-Band T65 Dual Source System

I've been reading good user reviews of this pickup system for years. Curiosity impelled me to purchase an ebay bargain guitar (all-mahogany Alvarez small-bodied "folk style" acoustic-electric) which has the T65 system installed. I found it very easy to get a pleasing tone from this pickup system (no additional EQ device needed), and the direct-from-pickup recordings even sound good for my own taste. (These sound samples were recorded directly to a Zoom H4 recorder.) At this point I'm thinking this might be the best plug-and-play pickup system that I've yet stumbled across. I may be able to get better sounds from other systems using an additional EQ device and/or IR device, but with this system I only had to set the midrange dial at 10 o'clock for a modest midrange cut. I left the bass and treble controls flat, though I'd probably roll off some bass for bare-fingered picking in a high volume live setting. I should add that I have the mix slider set at halfway for these samples. The tone is extremely shrill and tinny when the slider is moved all the way to the AST (soundboard pickup) side.

https://soundcloud.com/guitaniac/b-b...pickup-samples

BTW, I tried using this pickup system with Zoom A1 Four modeling but the results were not as satisfying as using the system directly. All in all, I wasn't getting along very well with this guitar until I raised the action (shimmed the saddle) so that I could play it harder and eliminate some fret buzz on the middle frets. The truss rod was already set correctly, so raising the saddle was the only option. The clearance at the 12th fret was much lower than the 7/64" (bass side) and 5/64" (treble side) which I prefer.

Last edited by guitaniac; 02-17-2020 at 09:35 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification