The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-02-2020, 11:56 AM

My wife is using my GAS to justify remodeling and expansion of the house...
She been after me to have an enclosed "Florida room" on the back of the house. I'm reluctance because of the expense. Now it's, "you could use it for a bigger guitar room ( I currently have a 12x12 bedroom for that)..."
Old 02-02-2020, 12:00 PM

Wall hangers and floor rack stands. As for cases, I have them under the bed, couch, love seat, etc.
Old 02-02-2020, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
I live in a 880 sq. ft. cabin - 'nuf said......
I lived on a sailboat for ten years. Back when we had a 41' boat, a single guitar was one too many, and a second guitar was out of the question. We presently have a 46' sailboat, so there's room for a guitar on the boat as long as it's not a dreadnought.
Old 02-02-2020, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticSquid View Post
I had mine on individual stands which got a bit unwieldy. One year I got a Hercules stand that holds 5. That was a great space saver. Then I got a bass and a P90 Gibson I had been searching for for years, so now there's overflow. For a while, my older son was interested in learning guitar so one of my guitars stayed in his room as a "loaner". He needed the space so back into my area it went.

Management has put me on notice that of I get any more some will have to be sold. At the moment I have what I need so I'm not worried.
I also bought the Hercules 5 guitar rack and got ride of my single and double stands. Great space saver. I also ought additional neck hangers so it could hold my 2 fiddles on the back side.

Another thing I have done for my last 2 guitar purchases is to opt for gig bags instead of hard cases. The cases take up just as much space as the guitars whereas I can fold and store my gig bags neatly in my closet.
Old 02-03-2020, 12:47 AM
Charter Member

I am very glad space is as tight as it is - I remind myself of that often while perusing the want ads -
Old 02-03-2020, 08:37 AM
Charter Member

I’ve run out of space, too. Thankfully the guitars I have are more than enough for my needs, and I’m selling a few that aren’t getting played. It’s time to pass them along to someone who will.
Strandberg Boden Original 6
Eastman T185MX
G&L ASAT Classic USA Butterscotch Blonde
Rickenbacher Lap Steel
Voyage-Air VAD-2
Martin SW00-DB Machiche
1968 Guild F-112
Taylor 322e 12 Fret V Class
Old 02-03-2020, 08:40 AM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Both due to space and budget constraints, I am at a more comfortable place - 4. That allows for some extra room for a couple of gig bags and my guitar and music stands. I could have 5 but right now, I am liking the fact that there is more room to move things around and it isn't too cramped.

Best,
Jayne
Old 02-04-2020, 11:17 AM

Have you considered the ceiling?
https://www.stringswing.com/product/...nt-twin-hanger

http://www.tastyislandhawaii.com/ima...uitar_wave.jpg OK maybe that one's a bit out of hand

The closet?
https://www.theguitarhanger.com/

There's always room for more guitars!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion