The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-23-2018, 02:53 PM

Default Bose Strikes OUT Again!

Someone said "full feature".. certainly NOT!

No integration with a tablet / phone app for Walk Around Mixing! WOOPS!!

Plus - the archaic interface on the Bose T1, has NOT been improved - so they MISSED their opportunity to address and improve that - terrible. As someone else mentioned.. "light-years behind QSC".. - 100% correct.

The Bose L1 System / Family was invented by a brilliant engineer and soulful musician named CLIFF - since he retired, Bose has made decision after decision, and put out product after product.. WITHOUT the on-stage musician user in mind - very SAD..

{JUST for the record - I continue to own and regularly use TWO original Bose L1 Classic systems, and FOUR Bose L1 Compacts, and our band owns and uses four more classics. But No Thank You on the T1 or new cousins..}
Old 01-23-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTX View Post
Someone said "full feature".. certainly NOT!

No integration with a tablet / phone app for Walk Around Mixing! WOOPS!!

Plus - the archaic interface on the Bose T1, has NOT been improved - so they MISSED their opportunity to address and improve that - terrible. As someone else mentioned.. "light-years behind QSC".. - 100% correct.

The Bose L1 System / Family was invented by a brilliant engineer and soulful musician named CLIFF - since he retired, Bose has made decision after decision, and put out product after product.. WITHOUT the on-stage musician user in mind - very SAD..

{JUST for the record - I continue to own and regularly use TWO original Bose L1 Classic systems, and FOUR Bose L1 Compacts, and our band owns and uses four more classics. But No Thank You on the T1 or new cousins..}
Disdain duly noted. Do you have a recommendation for a mixer you feel works better with L1C, QSC or other?
Old 01-23-2018, 03:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmullen45 View Post
That's what I'm thinking too [re: used ones]. I've appreciated your posts on this very subject over the past few months. Helped save me a lot of research time!
Every time I've checked, Guitar Center has had a bunch of used Tonematches in the $330+ range. I didn't realize this at first, because I didn't notice when you do a search for gear, there's a tiny checkbox at the left for "used" or "new." I think it's shipping of around $24 on top of that though. You can always get lucky and locate one at a GC near you.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscom View Post
Every time I've checked, Guitar Center has had a bunch of used Tonematches in the $330+ range. I didn't realize this at first, because I didn't notice when you do a search for gear, there's a tiny checkbox at the left for "used" or "new." I think it's shipping of around $24 on top of that though. You can always get lucky and locate one at a GC near you.
They go down to $299 if they sit there for more than 60 days; I've seen a few of those. Haven't seen one with a power supply, though. That's like $30. Need one for L1C, not the bigger L series. I'm not sure, but their shipping is usually more merciful than that -- big places like GC and Sweetwater have sweetheart deals with shippers (which also helps when you want to return a heavy something).
Old 01-23-2018, 04:38 PM

NowI don't need my 2 T1s anymore...sigh... I like it!
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 01-23-2018, 04:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Howell View Post
This is making me think a new Compact is on the way.
I wish. If Bose would make a bit more complete L1 compact ..with available Mixer that doesn't require separate power, they would sell.
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 01-23-2018, 04:49 PM

Hello Troggg - sure! QSC and Behringer are great choices!

QSC TouchMix - 8 & 16 & now 32 ch - these are probably considered "best"

Behringer X-Air - 12, 16, 18, 32 ch - are functionally very very good, and are of course Behringer-Priced! Another thing I like about B-X-Air is the form factor, in that they are kind of "a brick" or a "snake center" - you plug everything into the base unit, but it has NO controls, knobs, screens - ALL of that is controlled by the tablet. QSC, AND Bose both have some or all controls present on the same device you plug everything into, which is pretty messy and busy..

So.. I like to think that my "disdain" is actually legitimate complaint and opinion, backed up by availability of markedly better product(S), at both ends of cost.

{but, YES - I HAVE been yipping about the cumbersome Bose interface and awkward form factor (ie all those wires hanging on your mic stand for you have access to controls) for YEARS! I bought a T1 the day they were available, did NOT dig it, luckily sold it for a nice profit OVER retail..}
Old 01-23-2018, 05:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggg View Post
They go down to $299 if they sit there for more than 60 days; I've seen a few of those. Haven't seen one with a power supply, though. That's like $30. Need one for L1C, not the bigger L series. I'm not sure, but their shipping is usually more merciful than that -- big places like GC and Sweetwater have sweetheart deals with shippers (which also helps when you want to return a heavy something).
I will check later but I'm certain all the units I looked at had a shipping fee of around $24. Operator always possible lol. As for power supply, the info on used units can be sketchy. Sometimes they list accessories and sometimes they don't. I almost bought one last week whose photo showed an AC power supply .
Old 01-23-2018, 07:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I will check later but I'm certain all the units I looked at had a shipping fee of around $24. Operator always possible lol. As for power supply, the info on used units can be sketchy. Sometimes they list accessories and sometimes they don't. I almost bought one last week whose photo showed an AC power supply .
I checked and yep I'm still seeing a shipping fee, though it's $23. It's the same fee whether you ship to a store of your choice, or my local UPS store where I take packages. You have to go into the order process a bit before discovering that (I didn't order).

Apologies for going a bit off-track. One thing I'm very interested to learn is what additional features the TS4 has over the T1 to justify the $100 premium. I don't have the patience to wade through the initial promo and compare it to my slim knowledge of the T1. I *do* like the new design, for both units, than the T1's.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTX View Post

So.. I like to think that my "disdain" is actually legitimate complaint and opinion, backed up by availability of markedly better product(S), at both ends of cost.
It was high quality disdain.

Thanks for the tips, others on this forum with L1Cs have said nice things about the Behringer XAir... although I'm not a big Apple guy. QSC seems definitely worth a look.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:02 PM

Quote:
I checked and yep I'm still seeing a shipping fee, though it's $23. It's the same fee whether you ship to a store of your choice, or my local UPS store where I take packages. You have to go into the order process a bit before discovering that (I didn't order).

Apologies for going a bit off-track. One thing I'm very interested to learn is what additional features the TS4 has over the T1 to justify the $100 premium. I don't have the patience to wade through the initial promo and compare it to my slim knowledge of the T1. I *do* like the new design, for both units, than the T1's.
Maybe something changed with their shipping policy cause it seemed like they used to give a real break on the shipping. Are you talking $23 shipping to you, to your local store, or both?
Old 01-23-2018, 08:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggg View Post
Maybe something changed with their shipping policy cause it seemed like they used to give a real break on the shipping. Are you talking $23 shipping to you, to your local store, or both?
Both. At least, that's what shows up as far as I went in the process.

Frankly I thought the ship-to-store would be cheaper as in "hey we're going there anyway," but on second thought, a store in e.g. Albany normally wouldn't be sending stuff to a store in Fairfax Va.

I've seen some weird things in online shipping apps so maybe that changes when you actually order it, but that's as far as I can go without paying for it.

I would have bought a brand-new unit last weekend on impulse if they had had the power supply at the local store that I, as a Compact owner, need. But they didn't, although both the online inventory note and the in-store inventor system said they had one power supply left.
Old 01-24-2018, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
NowI don't need my 2 T1s anymore...sigh... I like it!
I bought a second T1 two days ago because I need some more channels - and now this 8 channel comes along. Seriously annoyed with myself ...!
Old 01-24-2018, 03:01 AM

It is easy to be too hard on the TI agree that Bose should have added to this line up a while ago but the T mixers are good where it matters — sound. I actually like dials and switches!

The T1 works well for one or two musicians. I have always found it very easy to get a good sound out of.
Martin J40
Old 01-24-2018, 03:14 AM

The T1 works surprisingly well as a preamp for multi source pickup systems.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification