The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 03-05-2002, 05:04 PM

Default MUSIC TESTS I can DOWNLOAD?

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a MUSIC site that has MUSIC TESTS I can download? Hopefully for guitar?

I have a student again, and I can't find my old TESTS and I'm now too lazy to make my own.

Thank you,
-grm
Old 03-11-2002, 02:06 AM

Is this what you had in mind?

http://www.visionmusic.com./eyetest.html
Old 03-12-2002, 01:53 PM

Hi Larry,

Ummm, well, not exactly, but close, and thank you so much for your time and trouble.

I'm looking more for a written test scenario I can download and print, so I can administer the test to a student as a written test -- a fill in the blanks kind of a thing. What is this note, what is this chord, what is this triad, what is this time signature, what is this key, how is this measure timed? etc., etc.

Thanks again
GRM
Old 03-23-2002, 09:42 PM

Thumbs up

In my guitar class, I've been using a book called "A modern Approach To Classical Guitar" by Charles Duncan. Although this is pointed at the beginning finger stylist, it has tests in it in all areas that you have questions about. From time signatures, different types of notes to naming notes on the scale. It's widely available at many music stores and only costs $5-6. You might take a look for it and see if it suits your needs.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell