The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-17-2020, 10:43 AM

Default Can anyone tell me about this Lyle guitar?

Hey everyone. I'm new to the forums, so thanks for having me. I was going through my father's attic this morning, and we found his old acoustic guitar. He said he remembers getting it in the 70s, and that my grandfather brought it back with him from overseas when he was in the Navy. I know very little about Lyle guitars, and for whatever reason there is no identifying sticker on the inside. I have done a little research today though, and I know these were made in Japan in the 1960s and 1970s. This one isn't in good shape as it's been in the attic probably since the 70s, as I've never known my father to be a guitar player. I'd like to know the specific model, if at all possible. I'm hoping someone can help identify it based on the pickguard, truss rod cover, and headstock. Can anyone help me out with this? I would greatly appreciate any input. If anyone needs additional pictures of the guitar, I'd be more than happy to provide them.

Old 02-17-2020, 11:38 AM

Lyles were made in Japan. There were some high end models with MOP inlay and solid tops. Most were fairly well made laminate. That looks like on of the laminate ones. Most of the 1970's Lyles had an adjustable bridge with screws on either side. Sorry I can't identify the specific model on this one.

Teach us what ways have light, what gifts have worth.
Edna St. Vincent Millay

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion