The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 01-18-2020, 05:56 PM

Default Ignacio Rozas electro-acoustic guitar

I am looking for information about a guitar I purchased in 1994 at the Ignacio Rozas shop on Calle Plaza Mayor in Madrid. It is a Rozas Guitarra de Estudio, model CW5E cutaway classical guitar with a built-in acoustic transducer and L. R. Baggs equalizer and preamp. It is a wonderfully playable instrument and sounds great either unamplified or amplified. But I can find no information about it on the internet. Is is unique or one of a batch? Made by one luthier or by several in a workshop? I would appreciate information from anyone reading this post. Thanks!
Old 01-19-2020, 07:28 AM

the "de Estudio" nomenclature indicates a student guitar, no doubt sourced from one of the Valencia guitar factories/shops. My offhand guess would be Alhambra because they use that model number. Pictures would help.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:54 AM

Default Thanks for the reply

I checked out the Alhambra crossover models and there is an uncanny resemblance to my guitar, with a couple of significant differences. Could it be that Rozas outsourced manufacture of this guitar to his specifications? I would like to upload some photos of my guitar but as a newbie to this forum I don't know how.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:31 AM

Here is a link to some photos of the guitar discussed above. As mentioned, it appears similar to the Alhambra crossover (especially the back), but there are significant differences. 1. The cutaway begins at a different fret. 2. The preamp is different and is located on the lower instead of the upper body. 3. The headpiece is different. 4. Importantly, the neck and fingerboard are pure classical, not narrowed and rounded to accommodate the electric guitar player, as in the Alhambra crossover.

Old 01-21-2020, 06:42 PM

Default The link ...

... that didn't appear in yesterday's post.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154504...57712755704338
Old 01-24-2020, 11:01 AM

Default The mystery deepens

A correspondent suggested that my guitar may have been manufactured by Alhambra Guitars. On checking the Alhambra web site, I verified that their cutaway guitars do closely resemble my cutaway Rozas. However, upon inquiry, I was informed by a representative of Alhambra Guitars that that they never made guitars for Rozas. Curiouser and curiouser!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Tags
ignacio rozas