The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 08-06-2010, 11:04 PM

Default Orbits Intertwined

Howdy,

I just recorded a new song tonight called Orbits Intertwined. It's a song with lyrics. Please check it out at http://daveguitar.com/music.html (also recorded one last night called Majesty but accidentally put under the Play section instead of the Show and Tell section of the forum, it's a solo guitar piece, no lyrics, rather "classical" sounding).

Thanks
Old 08-08-2010, 06:18 PM

Good stuff, David! I enjoyed listening! Very nice playing and recording, too!

ReverbNation (originals)

SoundCloud (the Hobo Troubadour)
Old 08-08-2010, 06:44 PM

Very nice stuff. Great recording! I wish my stuff sounded that clean!
Old 08-08-2010, 09:59 PM

Default Thanks

Thanks guys, my guitar has an adirondack spruce top which I think helps with the "clean" tone. It seems to create a very clear sound.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertguitar View Post
Thanks guys, my guitar has an adirondack spruce top which I think helps with the "clean" tone. It seems to create a very clear sound.
Nice job! Great song. Before the vocals even started I was wondering about that guitar. What kind and body type is that guitar?? It is clean and clear and has great low end!

Ranger's Soundclick page

Roy's Reverbnation page
Old 08-10-2010, 09:32 AM

Default What kind of guitar is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger1964 View Post
Nice job! Great song. Before the vocals even started I was wondering about that guitar. What kind and body type is that guitar?? It is clean and clear and has great low end!
Hi there,

I have an R Taylor style 1 (playing it now for almost 2 yrs), adirondack top, mahogany back and sides. I also opted for the 65' radius top and asymmetrical X bracing using adirondack spruce for the bracing. According to the R Taylor website, the 65' radius top and asymmetrical X bracing lead to a tighter, more focused sound. And when you combine that with the adi top, it's a pretty unique sound! The most surprising thing for me about the recorded sound of this song was when I decided to record using my live setup instead of using condenser mics. I'm combining a K&K PWM, passive M1 mag pickup, and a DPA mini mic through a EDB-1 preamp, then right into protools. Having the mini mic up close really gets the bass without being boomy and the mag pickup helps with the clarity of the sound. I've been struggling for a long time trying to get a decent recorded sound, and I think I'm finally satisfied so I can start recording all the songs I've written over the last several yrs. And this forum has been a great place for me to learn about the pickups and preamp I'm using right now.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell