The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 09-24-2018, 06:57 PM

Default Powered cabs...

So most of the new powered guitar cabs I'm seeing cost as much or more than really good quality Flat Response Full Range powered PA speakers.

So aside from a name brand badge, what is the advantage of buying a powered cab? Is there some magical feature I'm missing?
Old 09-24-2018, 07:22 PM

For my money I would go with QSC K, Yamaha DXR class, etc. They are so powerful and robust I can't imagine going wrong. A guitarist with compression and distortion will violate the 10 dB rule-of-thumb for peak to average and some speakers might show where the corners were cut under that kind of load.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars