The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-11-2024, 06:16 PM

Default Nux Optima Air IRís in Helix!

I captured an IR of my favorite guitar (Yamaha NTX-5) with my favorite guitar mic (AudioTechnica AE5100), saved the IR on my PC, then loaded it into my Helix Stomp XL. I had to boost the gain 6db to make it match the level with the the IR module turned off, but it works and sounds exactly the same as it does on the Nux Optima AirÖexcept that now I have all the Helix processing power!

I donít know if this matters to anyone else, but to me it is HUGE!

I LOVE the Helix for processing acoustic guitar, but wasnít all that happy with the IRs I had found online. Now I have the sound of ďmy guitar only louderĒ combined with whatever DSP I can imagine!

I have my Helix Stomp XL mounted on a rechargeable battery powered pedalboard along with a stereo DI (Pinstripe DISO+). It is absolutely convenient for gigging, and now it can nail the acoustic sound I want!

I am over-the-moon happy about this!
Old 02-12-2024, 06:28 AM

Does anyone know if any of the lesser costs Zoom pedals have the capability to load an IR from another source? I have a Zoom A1 four that has great processing power, but I donít like the IRís they build in their system. I canít figure out a way to load an IR into their software.
Old 02-12-2024, 10:43 AM

You may not be able to on the Zoom. The quality of the IR is the most important thing. With the right IR it will sound just beautiful. No amount of processing is going to fix a weak IR.
Old 02-12-2024, 01:54 PM

I've gotten good results using a Fields/Cuki-generated IR loaded into my Helix HX Stomp.

I have yet to use it live, as my ToneDexter 1 still sounds better.

1978 Larrivee L-26 cutaway
1988 Larrivee L-28 cutaway
2006 Larrivee L03-R
2009 Larrivee LV03-R
2016 Irvin SJ cutaway
2020 Irvin SJ cutaway (build thread)
K+K, Dazzo, Schatten/ToneDexter

Notable Journey website
Facebook page

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. - Leonardo Da Vinci

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification