The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 03-01-2019, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Columbus won last night to tie Pittsburgh with points and Carolina is just 1 point back. Add in Montreal and there's 3 teams vying for 2 wild card spots.

What happened to Buffalo? They were first or second overall in the NHL a couple months back before the skates fell off.
The Sabres are a work in progress. Botterill is one of the better young GM's in the league. He'll change player attitudes, or move the attitude problems out, via trades. There was a lot of young attitude in the room, me thinks. May still be. Need everyone 100% behind playing in Buffalo.

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2020 Recording King ROS-09-TS
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1936 Supertone 233 "Hawaiian Belle"
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Instagram: new_york_albertan
Old 03-01-2019, 08:24 AM

The Pens are in Buffalo tonight with a back to back tomorrow at the Canadiens. They looked good in Columbus but they're still "on the bubble" to stay in the playoff race. The problem is that they are really banged up on the blue line with at least two key defensemen out "long term" with injuries. I'm not particularly hopeful.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everton FC View Post
The 4-1 win vs the Sharks helped my Flames! Bruins made some good depth moves, at the deadline. They should be fine. Goaltending has been exceptional, for the Bruins thus far, this season. And like my Flames, the Bruins will need to more consistent secondary scoring down the stretch, and in the playoffs.
The Bruins have had great goal tending this year with Rask and Halak. Just checked - Boston has the 2nd best GAA in the NHL, behind the Islanders.

Your Flames have the 2nd most points in the NHL and the Bruins are 3rd. I hope the Bruins aren't peaking too early.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:01 PM

Who's watching hockey tonight?

McDavid had 3 more points today. I doubt he'll catch up to Kucherov to win the title but he's only a few points behind Kane for 2nd spot.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:36 AM

I watched the first period of the Pens/Canadiens game last night. Crosby was all over the place, offensively and defensively. 4 point game.

Why did Montreal have an empty net at the end of the game? It was already 4-1 at that point.

Bruins win 1-0 too.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:20 AM

How about the Bruins getting points in 18 straight games.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:32 AM

Must not be enough hockey fans on this site! Up here, in the Great White North, I was able to squeeze in two two-hour shinny sessions this past weekend, outdoors, w/my son and some fellows from church. Puts you in the playoff mood, just like being a kid again!

Flames doused the Devils 9-4 last night. Gaudreau went nuts in the 3rd. We have three 30 goal scorers now. Seven guts with more than 30 points, with Hanifin, Frolik, Bennett and Jankowski all within 5 points of 30. A dream season we must capitalize on, this season.

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Old 03-13-2019, 08:54 AM

Hehe - sorry, down here we're distracted by MLB spring training and the beginning of NFL free agency! Not that I care about my local team (Pittsburgh Pirates) or the PR beating that the Pittsburgh Steelers have been taking.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Must not be enough hockey fans on this site! Up here, in the Great White North, I was able to squeeze in two two-hour shinny sessions this past weekend, outdoors, w/my son and some fellows from church. Puts you in the playoff mood, just like being a kid again!

Flames doused the Devils 9-4 last night. Gaudreau went nuts in the 3rd. We have three 30 goal scorers now. Seven guts with more than 30 points, with Hanifin, Frolik, Bennett and Jankowski all within 5 points of 30. A dream season we must capitalize on, this season.
Yes, this thread got silent lately. My favorite thread on the AGF. Gaudreau had a career game with 6 points. Does he still have the nickname "Johnny Hockey"? I haven't heard it in a couple of years.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
Hehe - sorry, down here we're distracted by MLB spring training and the beginning of NFL free agency! Not that I care about my local team (Pittsburgh Pirates) or the PR beating that the Pittsburgh Steelers have been taking.
I was born and raised in the NYC Metro area. Being up here, it's almost innate that I get homesick at the start of the MLB season. Haven't followed as much since the "stars" started juicing up on steroids. But I love the game - could have a catch with someone (I do w/my kids, up here) for hours. Not many things better than tossing the baseball with someone for an hour, or so!

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Old 03-13-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Yes, this thread got silent lately. My favorite thread on the AGF. Gaudreau had a career game with 6 points. Does he still have the nickname "Johnny Hockey"? I haven't heard it in a couple of years.
He will forever be "Johnny Hockey"! A Salem, New Jersey boy. Salem's actually closer to Delaware, than Philly. He was a Flyers fan, growing up. I bet they push hard to sign him, when he's a UFA in a few years time.

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Old 03-13-2019, 05:08 PM

I'm a huge Carolina Hurricanes fan. Haven't had much to cheer about the past 10 years or so, but I still watch most of their games.

They're playing well since the new year started. They might make the playoffs, but probably won't get past the first round. There are too many better teams.

It's been fun (again) watching them this season. Bunch of jerks.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:15 PM

Quote:
He will forever be "Johnny Hockey"! A Salem, New Jersey boy. Salem's actually closer to Delaware, than Philly. He was a Flyers fan, growing up. I bet they push hard to sign him, when he's a UFA in a few years time.
He's loved in Calgary, that's for sure. Great hockey player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeBlueEMT View Post
I'm a huge Carolina Hurricanes fan. Haven't had much to cheer about the past 10 years or so, but I still watch most of their games.

They're playing well since the new year started. They might make the playoffs, but probably won't get past the first round. There are too many better teams.

It's been fun (again) watching them this season. Bunch of jerks.
"Bunch of jerks", lol. I know exactly what you're referring to. I watched that Don Cherry segment on Hockey Night in Canada. I love Cherry but he shouldn't have referred to the entire team as jerks. I'm surprised the players are doing that at the end of games though. I don't think they would do that at the end of wins in the playoffs though - might irritate the other team.
Old 03-16-2019, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Wow, first Gaudreau had a career game with 6 points and now Tkachuk has a 5 point night. Watch out for the Flames in the playoffs.
Old 03-16-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
He's loved in Calgary, that's for sure. Great hockey player.

"Bunch of jerks", lol. I know exactly what you're referring to. I watched that Don Cherry segment on Hockey Night in Canada. I love Cherry but he shouldn't have referred to the entire team as jerks. I'm surprised the players are doing that at the end of games though. I don't think they would do that at the end of wins in the playoffs though - might irritate the other team.
First, the trade we made to get Lindholm and Hanifin has vaulted our team to where we are. But Micheal Ferland was my favourite Flame. I've followed his career since he played w/Brandon, in the WHL. You have a great coach, and your team is fast - very fast. They'll be a tough draw, if your goaltending holds up. I don't like the celebrations at the end of games - I'm old school. But it's a small market team with new ownership, new GM... Trying to fill seats.

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1930s Harmony Mandolin

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic