The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-05-2001, 09:07 AM

Post Godin Multiac Acoustic Elec

Anyone played one of these? A guy played one last nite at open mic and it sounded **** good plugged in. Interesting idea - each string has its own pickup and apparently this lets you do midi out from the guitar. Just curious.

Bob
Old 12-05-2001, 02:28 PM

Hi Bob. I posted this question in the general topic area just a couple of days ago. I think not as many people venture down here. To answer your question, I saw a man at a local music store play one of these. This guitar sounded incredible. It's hard for me to describe. It's a different sound, but he was doing things on it that are usually done on an electric, but it had the acoustic sound. Does that make sense to you? Anyhow, when I venture down the electric road someday, I want to check these guitars out!

Shea
Old 12-05-2001, 03:22 PM

Shea,

sorry I didnt see your post. Next week I am going to try to learn more about this guy's Godin. Godin is the mothership of Seagull so the quality it probably pretty good. The one this guy had looked like an acoustic and sounded like a plugged in acoustic. But reading the web page it looks like the have figured out a way to get Midi output. Which I guess is neat ... I have to put some thought into why I would care.

But it did have a nice sound.

Bob
Old 12-05-2001, 05:33 PM

There are two (actually 4) different multiacs. One has Synth access and the other has a Baggs Duet system. They have these in either steel string or nylon. Both sound great and play really smooth. Those that really know how to work the synth can do some amazing things. They assign different midi voices to each string, etc. Seems like the nylon version is the popular one with the Chet style pickers I know that play them. I heard a computer recording that a guy did dry with no effects on the nylon duet, and even it sounded awesome. Neat little guitars.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification