The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-15-2001, 02:41 AM

I went ahead and ordered a LRBaggs passive iBeam plus the Gigpro today. I have loved the performance of their dual source and they say that their iBeam is better. I will soon see (hear). I hope it is. But I'm trusting their reputation for great products. I've had experience with them. This is going in my new K14C cedar top. It is so light already and the passive iBeam won't add much weight. The Gigpro will give me the finger tip control that I might need.
I ordered it all from FQMS today and they gave me an additional 10% off. What a deal.
Old 12-16-2001, 01:18 PM

Important info....Piezo...Def: To squeze. I think what has been labeled the "Piezo Clack" pretty much falls into the idea of too much squeeze. I hate the total lack of guitar sound in piezo pickups. I read some research recently that said less that 5% of the surrounding sound is of a vibrating structure is captured by a piezo crystal under pressure. And the surrounding area it did capture extended less that 1/16" from the point of contact. I say..."stop the squeezing!"

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification