The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-18-2001, 12:00 PM

Post New to this forum

I just ran across this forum by chance and had to join.....I am fairly new to the Taylor family but a brief history for you all....Had other cheap guitars in past, but no drive to learn..this year I heard, touched, and fell in love with the DCSM...bought it...went back 2 months later and did the same with a 414ce...Loved them both...each had thier own sound, but with the youngest child wanting a guitar, I had to make some decisions...so...I took the 414 back and traded it in....upgraded the oldest childs Seagull, got the youngest the "BigBabyT....and had money left....after a week without the 414 I missed the highs that she produced, and felt the DCSM didnt have enough....so.....I went back again with the DCSM in hand (just in case) looking for a Taylor that might fill what my ears were searching for....a single Taylor that had the highs of the 414 and the lows of the DCSM....well.....My ears steered me to the 614ce cherry burst......what a piece of art this is and the sound seemed to be what I was hoping for.....well I have scaled down to a single Taylor and couldnt be happier....although Im sure a companion for her is in the future (dont tell the wife)and as luck would have it I had a few bucks left over and also got a Koa babyT....now I found this group/forum and have to ask....can life get much better???

Won a strap from the B.I.W.B. contest.
Ibanez AW300NT (its a new start)
Old 12-18-2001, 12:28 PM

Talking

Welcome! There seems to be a bunch of us newbies around right now, must be something to do with the season!

Sounds like a great guitar, and you sound like a great dad!

Jack
Old 12-18-2001, 09:17 PM

Welcome to the group. You'll find the nicest folks and the best info here. And congrats on your fine new guitar.

Yoda

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification