The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-29-2001, 06:09 PM

Post RainSong

Has anyone else played any of these guitars? I played the cutaway grand auditorium (can't remember the model) the other day and was impressed. The guitar has very clear high notes and generally a good bottom. And--it is loud! There were no "dead" spots on the neck, but I don't have the best ear, either. Very playable all the way up the neck. This just seems like a good workhorse guitar.

414 LOTF MACE
Big Baby
Tacoma EMC9
Old 11-29-2001, 11:30 PM

Cool

I think that the WS1000 and yes ive played one. Its loud but I think it lacks the warmth and character of great wood. It would make a great outdoor guitar. But just something about a great peice of wood and the way the wood feels. It seems to come alive. Nothing seems to be able to replace the feel even though i really like carbon fiber. I use a lot of it but I reserve wood for my guitars.I do have an aluminun strat and a plastic les Paul though, JW
Old 11-30-2001, 10:22 AM

Overall, I agree. It's not as warm a sound as wood. I think it would be a good church camp guitar. Since you're always having to lug 'em out into the woods.

414 LOTF MACE
Big Baby
Tacoma EMC9
Old 11-30-2001, 11:45 AM

Kevin, I have a Jumbo Rainsong (loud)and I love it. No I don't like it over my Taylors but it is totally different in sound and playability. Intonation is clear and each note is very clear. I had the Auditorium model too but sold it to get the Jumbo. I lowered the saddle when I got both of these to get the action lower. No fret buzz at all and it is lower than any Taylor i have and they are set up with light guage strings. So easy to play. I use it anytime I go to the beach or play outdoors. I don't fret over it like I would my Taylor, graphite is by weight stronger than steel and the guitar is almost weightless. No it doesn't grab me like a wood Taylor but it is a great guitar. If I had to sell down to 3 guitars , I would keep this one and 2 Taylors. dink
________
Hare Krishna - Iskcon Forums

Last edited by dink; 04-07-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-30-2001, 02:05 PM

Thumbs up

I played every model they make except for the 12 string and came away very impressed. If I had the money to buy another guitar I would buy one. Since funds are limited, I will keep my 510e.

I give them a big thumbs up!

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: Why Me ]
Old 11-30-2001, 03:31 PM

Smile

I agree with you Dink. I think they are great
No JW they are not a Cocobola or Koa but they are definately way cool.The Ws1000 feels just like a taylor 14. They also have a great case with blue crushed velvet and leather handle.
Old 12-17-2001, 09:50 PM

Very interesting comments. I had heard about the rainsongs, but haven't had the chance to see or play one in person. It does sound attractive as to its being resistant to the elements, but wood is nicer to the senses I would think, both auditorily and visually?
Old 12-18-2001, 11:16 AM

Carbon fiber material is not exactly impervious to the elements. It has hygroscopic properties which means that it can absorb moisture and release moisture just like wood can, but on a smaller scale. The major difference being that the carbon fiber material will not rot like wood will. It is usually coated to "seal" the material from moisture, but as soon as the coating is scratched, moisture starts entering in a very localized area. This is not meant to panic anyone, just don't believe everything you hear or read when it comes to advertising claims. I've got years of experience with this material, which is the only reason for my posting here for this subject.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification