The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-11-2020, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
Please tell me you did it again on purpose.....
Ha...yiu are just to darn observative
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 02-11-2020, 04:42 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
Congrats! So did you get one of the 20 "reserve" guitars or do you get the impression they are going into full production based on initial response? i look forward to your thoughts once you have it
Sure thing, steelvibe!
I paid half, an email popped up saying the guitar will be shipped shortly. I panicked and called my wife back in San Jose. Told her I wanted to travel light and was shipping back my OF660.... Jk
Then another email sneaks in sayin' I am one of the lucky inpatients that will have to overcome saliva overproduction for the next 45... wait, it better be 43 days 19 hours 56 minutes and 24... 23... I better find another watch, this one is slowing down as I speak!!
Old 02-11-2020, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitaman View Post
I better find another watch, this one is slowing down as I speak!!
Best not to speak then...hope this helps
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 02-11-2020, 04:56 PM

Tell the Journey owners I said Hey... oh wait... maybe best you don’t ... anyway..nice buy is what I was trying to say.[/QUOTE]

Kramster, on the order form, there was a special code section and I wrote your name in... the price doubled I panicked again, typed in AGF, it trippled! My mouth froze shut with dried up saliva!!! I scrambled and scribbled with what appears to be an acute Parkinsononsetted fingers, 'AGF CARBON FIBER'...
The price dropped back to $1299. Whew!^^ I am back to drooling...
Old 02-11-2020, 05:53 PM

Quote:
$1299. Whew!^^ I am back to drooling...
Stop drooling. These aren't Emeralds. Cool- but not Emeralds

$1299? Did you get a color?
Old 02-11-2020, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Tell the Journey owners I said Hey... oh wait... maybe best you don’t ... anyway..nice buy is what I was trying to say.
Kramster, on the order form, there was a special code section and I wrote your name in... the price doubled I panicked again, typed in AGF, it trippled! My mouth froze shut with dried up saliva!!! I scrambled and scribbled with what appears to be an acute Parkinsononsetted fingers, 'AGF CARBON FIBER'...
The price dropped back to $1299. Whew!^^ I am back to drooling...[/QUOTE]

Now I gotta get most of these visuals outa my head sigh...
Old 02-11-2020, 07:23 PM
Guest 928

Mr. K;

I think the world is ready for a Gitaman cartoon. Saliva, ice, scrambling to get to a CF guitar. Does it get any better? Do we have a picture of this Gitaman? If not, just make one up.

Also, it looks like we have several months in which to torcher (I mean console) the victim.

Did you laugh when he said "45 days?"
Old 02-12-2020, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Mr. K;

Did you laugh when he said "45 days?"
Actually still am
Old 02-12-2020, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Ha...yiu are just to darn observative
Thats it, I'm telling! Nurse...... NURSE!!!!
000-Nylon, All Mahogany custom, 000-15SM, D16-GT (resto mod in progress), D15-M, Stinger SSL electric....
And a Kobza, Bouzouki, Hurdy Gurdy and something medieval looking.....
www.woodenshoe.blog
Old 02-27-2020, 06:33 AM

I needed a good quality airline travel guitar and ended up purchasing a Journey FP412 Parlor... brilliant engineering design of the breakaway neck & carry-bag... but it's the tone and playability that floored me... amazingly good instrument.

I have two CF guitars (Rainsong BI-WS1000 (sharks!), Blackbird Lucky 13) and I really love them. When Journey comes out with the CF version of their smaller Puddle Jumper PJ410N I'll be all over it... I'm travelling on lot's of small planes these days.

Now back living in Baja Sur where I started my carbon fiber journey... Bend OR was too cold!
Old 02-27-2020, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Stop drooling. These aren't Emeralds. Cool- but not Emeralds
It's nice that you have found a line you love... but Emerald is not the only company capable of making amazing guitars. If you need a REAL travel guitar, you really should try a JI.

Now back living in Baja Sur where I started my carbon fiber journey... Bend OR was too cold!
Old 02-27-2020, 03:17 PM

Very cool guitar... love the open headstock and half moon sound hole... if it only came in steel string....
Old 02-27-2020, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billder99 View Post
It's nice that you have found a line you love... but Emerald is not the only company capable of making amazing guitars. If you need a REAL travel guitar, you really should try a JI.
As someone who owns and Emerald (center-hole X7) and a Journey (non-CF) Overhead, I second this.
Old 02-27-2020, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billder99 View Post
I'm confused- I don't have an Emerald (yet), and have you read my signature? The OF660 is a wonderful instrument, but it ain't as purdy as an Emerald

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsman View Post
As someone who owns and Emerald (center-hole X7) and a Journey (non-CF) Overhead, I second this.
see above
Old 03-02-2020, 10:52 AM

Quote:
I'm confused- I don't have an Emerald (yet), and have you read my signature? The OF660 is a wonderful instrument, but it ain't as purdy as an Emerald...see above
My bad. That's what I get for skimming, and not actually reading.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber