The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-13-2018, 04:33 PM

Cool Trance Audio Amulet

Hey there...just bought a 2009 Martin HJ-38 and am wanting (like everyone) the Best possible Acoustic sound plugged in. Has anyone used the "Trance Audio Amulet"...if so, which model ??
Old 08-13-2018, 06:02 PM
Charter Member

Yep, I moved to Trance after years of UST and 2 source systems. I just decided I no longer wanted anything between saddle and saddle slot and I didn't like systems that are too invasive (glue, extra holes etc.)

There are a lot of great pickup options now days, we truly are spoiled for choice, but I'm a big fan of the Trance Amulet Mono. I went with the MVT (Volume and tone wheel) as the Trance can be a bit bright and need tonal taming.

Great sound, very little eq required, good all round pickup.

Lots of discussion on it over in the amplification subform - its well worth a search
50th Anniversary Fender Am Std Strat.
Gretsch 6120 Nashville Players in Blue.
Line 6 Helix.

If I played as much as I read threads, I'd be a pro....
Old 08-13-2018, 06:33 PM

Do check the amp section. I have an MVT and just a VT in two guitars. One guitar doesn’t have room for the dual control version so I adjusted it on the interior preamp. Both guitars sound great. I get comments alll the time about how “natural” they sound. Only thing I found better is playing directly into a condenser mic. Somewhat difficult to install. More than worth the effort.
Martin D28 1937 Aged Authentic
John Walker Lochsa
Roberts Slope Dread
Johnny Rushing Ditson Style 12 Fret
Beard Goldtone Resonator
Bob Thompson Slope Shoulder

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion