The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 11-26-2020, 07:33 AM

Default NFL Week 12

NFL Week 12 kicks off with today's Thanksgiving games. What games/story lines are you following?

Brady/Mahomes matchup should be exciting.
Old 11-26-2020, 08:46 AM

Default New England

Patriots!

Go Pats
Old 11-26-2020, 02:06 PM

Classic thanksgiving matchup between the Cowboys and that no name Washington team. Hoping the jets get their first win just for divisional hopes for my Patriots. Cardinals will be tough for the Patriots but I think there’s a chance. Also hoping for the Bills to lose of course.
Old 11-27-2020, 10:38 AM

The uncertainty of the already-postponed Steelers/Ravens game. This is the second Steelers game that has been called into question by That Which Will Not Be Named. I'm curious to see what the league will do. I feel that Baltimore should forfeit.
Old 11-27-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
The uncertainty of the already-postponed Steelers/Ravens game. This is the second Steelers game that has been called into question by That Which Will Not Be Named. I'm curious to see what the league will do. I feel that Baltimore should forfeit.
Why should Baltimore forfeit?
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 11-27-2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
Lamar Jackson will miss the next two games as will other Ravens. I don't think any team should need to forfeit if they can't play. The league as a whole are involved in this. It will make for some interesting scheduling quirks at the end of the season if there are some teams that have less than 16 games played.

Can't be easy for a team to just sit around and wait for word, especially the second time around like the Steelers.

How about the first place Washington Team with a hefty 4-7 record after beating the Cowboys.
Old 11-27-2020, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Lamar Jackson will miss the next two games as will other Ravens. I don't think any team should need to forfeit if they can't play. The league as a whole are involved in this. It will make for some interesting scheduling quirks at the end of the season if there are some teams that have less than 16 games played.

Can't be easy for a team to just sit around and wait for word, especially the second time around like the Steelers.

How about the first place Washington Team with a hefty 4-7 record after beating the Cowboys.
I wonder how many people in the Baltimore/DC area predicted that DC would be in first place in their Division, while Baltimore would likely be out of the playoffs.
Old 11-27-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX17609 View Post
I wonder how many people in the Baltimore/DC area predicted that DC would be in first place in their Division, while Baltimore would likely be out of the playoffs.
That's a great observation. Baltimore sits 8th in the conference (tied with wins with the Raiders but lose the tiebreaker). Even with the new 2020 playoff format of 14 teams, Baltimore is out. As of today, the Browns are in!
Old 11-27-2020, 05:53 PM
Charter Member

It's tough to admit but it helps the soul....I am a NY Giants fan.

One of the few times pulling for the Washington no names to win since the Gints have the hex sign on them (2-0) and have the edge in any tie.

It is embarrassing to be rooting for a 3-7 team to make the playoffs, but since the entire division chose this time to stink, anything is possible.

It's possible they can go 9-7 for the rest of the year but I quit smoking in the 70's so I'll be happy with 1 or 2 more wins.

if only they can get to the SB and play the Patriots again.......

john
Old 11-27-2020, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnidoh View Post
It's tough to admit but it helps the soul....I am a NY Giants fan.

One of the few times pulling for the Washington no names to win since the Gints have the hex sign on them (2-0) and have the edge in any tie.

It is embarrassing to be rooting for a 3-7 team to make the playoffs, but since the entire division chose this time to stink, anything is possible.

It's possible they can go 9-7 for the rest of the year but I quit smoking in the 70's so I'll be happy with 1 or 2 more wins.

if only they can get to the SB and play the Patriots again.......

john

For the record, the 2010 Seahawks has the worst team to make it to the playoffs record with a 7-9 regular season record. I think that record will be broken this season. [emoji1787]
Old 11-28-2020, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
For the record, the 2010 Seahawks has the worst team to make it to the playoffs record with a 7-9 regular season record. I think that record will be broken this season. [emoji1787]
As long as they don't host a playoff game! That happened a few years ago with a team with a losing record hosting a playoff game.

How about the opposite, two teams have gone 11-5 and not made the playoffs, including the Patriots the year Brady was hurt and Matt Cassels took over. Denver also had the same years earlier but there were less playoff teams.
Old 11-28-2020, 12:37 PM
Charter Member

In the NFC south, the question and anticipation will be how Taysom Hill will continue to fare as the fill in for the injured Drew Brees. I hope the best for “Joe Hustle”.
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)
Old 11-28-2020, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintBob View Post
In the NFC south, the question and anticipation will be how Taysom Hill will continue to fare as the fill in for the injured Drew Brees. I hope the best for “Joe Hustle”.
Exactly, and how effective will Brees be when he returns.
Old 11-28-2020, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
As long as they don't host a playoff game! That happened a few years ago with a team with a losing record hosting a playoff game.

How about the opposite, two teams have gone 11-5 and not made the playoffs, including the Patriots the year Brady was hurt and Matt Cassels took over. Denver also had the same years earlier but there were less playoff teams.
The Seattle team that was 7-9 hosted their playoff game and won. And, as a division winner, the winner of the NFC east this year will also host a game.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 11-28-2020, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
The Seattle team that was 7-9 hosted their playoff game and won. And, as a division winner, the winner of the NFC east this year will also host a game.
Hoping that if the NFL keeps the extended playoff format that they'll change the rules after this year - a division winner won't host a game if they have a losing record ... or something like that.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic