The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-22-2024, 02:40 AM

Default Fishman customer service.

Several years ago, I purchased a used Platinum pro eq D.I. on this site. I kept it in reserve until the day my older Pro eq II bit the dust. I was a bit intimidated by the increased complexity of it but I managed to feel at home with it after a time. About a year ago it started giving me trouble with cutting out. I blamed it on everything but the Platinum Pro, slowly eliminating the causal variables until I could no longer deny that the problem was with the product, itself. I sent an email to Fishman and made arrangements to return it for repair. Flat fee of $50 but I paid shipping both ways. sent ups at their suggestion. (not cheap). they returned it USPS at 1/3 the price I paid to ship it to them but they replaced the entire board and sent it back in about a week and now it's right as rain. Totally worth it!
Old 04-22-2024, 08:47 AM
Charter Member

I've had great experiences with Fishman's customer service. I had a Loudbox Performer that went dead on me once. It powered up fine but the Channel Mute button was stuck in the "on" position and no sound was coming out. I contacted Fishman and they told me what the likely problem was, sent instructions for how to fix it myself and I was up and running again after about 15 minutes of work. Great company to work with.
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 04-29-2024, 03:03 PM
Charter Member

I have a friend whose SA220 preamp got noisy. Fishman knew what the problem was and sent him a replacement part which he easy replaced plug-n-play. Been great ever since. Fishman has great products and evidently is a standup company.
Old 04-29-2024, 06:09 PM

I have used their pre amps exclusively since 1990, starting with the old Model G.
Old 04-29-2024, 08:32 PM

Fishman ; very good stuff. My Pro EQ bit the dust too . Now I have the LR Baggs but only used it once.
Old 04-30-2024, 03:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt20dbl View Post
I have used their pre amps exclusively since 1990, starting with the old Model G.
I haven't been with them that long, but after hearing and using their preamps and PAs/Amps now for 10 years, I've always found them transparent and easy to achieve great tone across a myriad situations and instruments.

Not much of an endorsement from a nobody like me, but I'm very picky about my tone.

I'm just glad their products are serviceable, and they try to meet the customer's needs.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification