The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 09-16-2018, 07:17 PM

Default Happy ngd! Gibson content

So the electric bug continues to bite. Picked up a 2011 Gibson studio off Kijiji for cheap. Great condition, beefy neck, awesome sound and a Gibson case. Love it! Pickups are great. Still love my Squier tele but I'm not a fan of the skinny neck narrow nut. Of course that doesn't mean i won't keep it.
Im thinking I'm a Gibson person in acoustic and electric.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:27 PM
Charter Member

Congratulations! Lee Pauls are a lot of fun and the studios can be a great value.

Play it long and loud.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:07 PM

Wonderful guitars - I've got a 2011 Studio '60s Tribute goldtop/P-90 that looks like a sweet under-the-bed '56, handles any style of music credibly (think an LP can't do surf or country - think again), and serves as my go-to solidbody (replacing, interestingly enough, a MIJ '86 Squier Strat); mine has a first-gen style Slim-Taper neck though, which suits me just fine...

Use it well, often, and LOUD...
Old 09-17-2018, 07:39 AM

Congrats. I always played Fenders when I started on electrics, and I still love 'em. But once I discovered Gibsons, I had to make room for those, too. Now I have a few of each, and I try to fit them all into the rotation.
Bottom line: guitars are good...
Old 09-17-2018, 08:29 AM
Guitar Gourmet

Congrats! Pics?

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 09-17-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
Wonderful guitars - I've got a 2011 Studio '60s Tribute goldtop/P-90 that looks like a sweet under-the-bed '56, handles any style of music credibly (think an LP can't do surf or country - think again), and serves as my go-to solidbody (replacing, interestingly enough, a MIJ '86 Squier Strat); mine has a first-gen style Slim-Taper neck though, which suits me just fine...

Use it well, often, and LOUD...
I've got that same Les Paul, Steve. It too is a 2011. Bought it used at the guitar shop 3 years ago. Those P-90s sound great.

Outoftime - what model Les Paul is it? Congrats!
Old 09-20-2018, 09:52 AM

Hi Dru
It's a 2011 with a fireburst gloss finish, 50s neck profile and I think the 490/498 pickups. Gold speed knobs and cream plastics. I can't upload pictures through the app anymore I guess. Tried but won't allow me
Old 09-21-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outoftime View Post
Hi Dru
It's a 2011 with a fireburst gloss finish, 50s neck profile and I think the 490/498 pickups. Gold speed knobs and cream plastics. I can't upload pictures through the app anymore I guess. Tried but won't allow me
Sweet! Guessing that it's a Studio. I have a 2006 wine red studio (gold hardware) with those same pickups. I had ordered the fireburst but it was backordered so I bought the red (after playing it).

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars