The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-20-2018, 08:30 AM

Default Rainsong CH-OM

Next to my Shorty FLE, this is worth a huge mention. After playing Kramster's, this guitar really blew my socks off. It plays well plugged in and unplugged, and it really has a nice warm sound.

I have just learned that the Shorty and the CH-OM have the same exact dimensions and sound. So, if you are in the market for one of these look at a Shorty too!

Have a listen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci-xuCjYPls

Phoenix Guitar Co. Custom Classical Guitar
Rainsong Shorty FLE
Pre Peavey Cargo

Last edited by Kindness; 09-20-2018 at 10:01 AM.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:06 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindness View Post
Next to my Shorty FLE, this is worth a huge mention. After playing Kramster's, this guitar really blew my socks off. It plays well plugged in and unplugged, and it really has a nice warm sound.

I have just learned that the Shorty and the CH-OM have the same exact dimensions and sound. So, if you are in the market for one of these look at a Shorty too!

Have a listen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci-xuCjYPls
Totally agree. Love my CH-OM
Old 09-21-2018, 08:44 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jricc View Post
Totally agree. Love my CH-OM
Ditto.......
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 09-21-2018, 09:39 AM

I have a Shorty SG - which I believe to be identical to the CH-OM with the exception of cosmetics - and it has rapidly become my #1. My poor custom shop Martin 000-15 is rather lonely these days, and I am contemplating putting it up on the block to help finance an Emerald X20-12. I think these two (along with my trusty Journey OF-420B for travel, and my ca 2010 Emerald X7 as a beater) would pretty much handle all of my requirements.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:50 PM

It's a fine instrument for sure! However, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but my Shorty is up for sale.

Sometimes life just happens.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
It's a fine instrument for sure! However, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but my Shorty is up for sale.

Sometimes life just happens.
I saw that Sean...I was shocked. I hope all is well and it's just to fund a different guitar.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
I saw that Sean...I was shocked. I hope all is well and it's just to fund a different guitar.

Thanks John- It is a little of both, funding a guitar and thinning the herd (I’ve never been a collector, never having more than 2 guitars at a time), and an unforeseen event. All is good and I will put up a NUCFGD (new used carbon fiber guitar day) post soon. I needed to focus on putting the RS up for sale but I’m very pleased with it’s replacement...so much so that I’m taking a considerable loss on the RS.
Old 09-22-2018, 03:48 PM
Charter Member

Looking forward to that NUCFGD post !! I've sold several CF guitars and never got as much out of them as what a lot of people say I should or what I thought they were worth. Maybe it's the times, but it seems to be a good time to buy a used CF guitar when you find one you like.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber