The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-14-2018, 12:19 PM

Default New CA Legacy vs Emerald X20 Tone Comparison

I will be thinning the herd a bit to finance an Emerald X20. Can anyone give me a comparison of Tone , Volume, and comfort of playing, between the New Peavey Composite Acoustic
Gloss Legacy and the Emerald X20. I wont be able to have both. My Legacy is pretty warm sounding and wood like with good volume. I do not care for the neck profile though.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsstrider View Post
I will be thinning the herd a bit to finance an Emerald X20. Can anyone give me a comparison of Tone , Volume, and comfort of playing, between the New Peavey Composite Acoustic
Gloss Legacy and the Emerald X20. I wont be able to have both. My Legacy is pretty warm sounding and wood like with good volume. I do not care for the neck profile though.
I own both and really they are so different in a lot of ways but both excellent guitars. You already know what your Legacy sounds like which is pretty wooden compared to a lot of the carbon choices out there.

The X20 is close in volume or perceived volume I should say because of the upward facing sound hole on the X20. The X20 is going to be a little less bass heavy and more articulate overall. It's handles most kinds of playing very well.

However when I'm after a BIG bluegrass or Martin type sound it's still very hard to beat what the Legacy can do as far as carbon dreads go.

Don't know that this will help you in the slightest but it's hard to compare them as one having a better sound. I do think the X20 is probably a more all around player and the neck profile might be a little more to your liking.

Best of luck to you!
Iris Smeck Slope Shoulder Dread
Iris AB Model
Many Takamine Pro series
Godin A8 Mandolin

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber