The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-21-2013, 07:11 PM
Charter Member

Default Ngdl: Bi ws100n2

I mentioned down in another thread that I have a Rainsong Shorty and a Parlor and had a Black Ice WS100N2 coming (Thank you Ted of LA Guitar Sales) I received the guitar about two days ago and have been totally caught up with it. It is great!!!

I am just an ol' guy who loves guitars (I've owned a boar load) and can't expound on the musical possibilities within a particular instrument. I can only testify to how it feels for me. It feels great!

I sounds great as well. With two 12 frets I decided to go with the 14 fret and after getting it, have no regrets. I find, as with the other two Rainsongs, that the notes are clear and distinct from one end of the fret board to the other. When strummed I can only say that it sounds like a choir with one hearing the different voices but the synergy, the total sound that comes to my ear is so full and pleasing. Even when chorded, strummed, the distinctness of the notes are present and pleasing.

I had some concerns about the N2 neck but after getting the guitar I have absolutely no regrets. It is great and certainly comfortable to me. Any inadequacies I have in playing can in no way be attributed to the neck shape. It feels great. I like it. Ted told me I would like it and He was, is , right.

As far as the Black Ice part, I like it. I don't know it well enough to be able to recognize its "fingerprint uniqueness" but I like it and my wife likes it. (that part really matters!) I also appreciate knowing that in its own way, the Black Ice part makes it really unique. individual. I don't guess this part makes any real difference, but somehow, I think it does make a difference to me, at least.

In the end, I love the guitar. I love the Black Ice part of it and I love the sounds I hear myself making. Would those sounds attract the attention of "real" musicians? I don't know, probably not, but in some small way, it seems that, at least in part, I can actually hear coming from my guitar the sounds I've hoped I could/would make.

So, the most important person, judge, evaluator of this Rainsong BIWS100N2 (ME) is really pleased, proud, enthused, and empowered to believe that I will continue trying to play and enjoying the journey. Thanks Rainsong and thank you Ted of LA Guitar Sales.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:13 AM

Played the exact same guitar in a Guitar Center months ago and it could blow away any guitar there. I love your write up, Rainsong does a great job. Enjoy!
2001 Michael Keller Koa Baby
2014 Godin Inuk
2012 Deering B6 Openback Banjo
2012 Emerald Acoustic Doubleneck
2012 Rainsong JM1000 Black Ice
2009 Wechter Pathmaker 9600 LTD
1982 Yairi D-87 Doubleneck
1987 Ovation Collectors
1993 Ovation Collectors
1967 J-45 Gibson
1974 20th Annivers. Les Paul Custom
Old 09-22-2013, 03:30 AM
Charter Member

Default One other thing, the depth!

Oh! I forgot the thickness part. I have mentioned, before, that the depth, or the thickness of guitars was an issue. Well, it is, with dreadnaughts especially, but with the WS it is just not an issue. maybe it is the waist. The depth of the guitar (less than an inch more than the Shorty), even though I know it is there, seems to not be bothersome or noticeable. It is very comfortable to hold and to play.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:36 AM

Your killing me Arktrav...I'm gassing for a Rainsong In the worst way...but I'm holding off for another guitar first...The only Rainsong that I have played is a BI jumbo with the n2 neck, and the tone and playability was supurb!!! This is what lead me into the Carbon Fiber direction...
So if you post pictures of your Rainsong, then I'm jumping off of a cliff...Ahhhhh...Splat...
Old 09-23-2013, 11:02 AM
Charter Member

Claytone, Rainsongs are fantastic, the Black Ice versions are very individual in appearance but I think one of the fantastic virtues of Rainsong is the consistency of the guitars, They are all GREAT!!! I don't want to be guilty of tempting you too greatly but I have three Rainsongs and honestly, they would be the last three guitars I would move on. I have no ideal how I would choose between the Rainsongs, if one had to go. I know all this sounds like hyperbole and it may be, to some degree, but really they are as good as the talk. They really are.!!!
Old 09-24-2013, 05:14 AM

You are correct about Rainsongs consistency. I have two Rainsongs a 2012 JM1000 BI and 2013 Parlor. I can exchange saddles between the guitars with no change in setup. That's consistent precision. Try that on another brand,
2001 Michael Keller Koa Baby
2014 Godin Inuk
2012 Deering B6 Openback Banjo
2012 Emerald Acoustic Doubleneck
2012 Rainsong JM1000 Black Ice
2009 Wechter Pathmaker 9600 LTD
1982 Yairi D-87 Doubleneck
1987 Ovation Collectors
1993 Ovation Collectors
1967 J-45 Gibson
1974 20th Annivers. Les Paul Custom
Old 09-24-2013, 09:14 AM

Cool

Yup, I've swop my Obbligato saddle among my Composite Acoustic guitars and found the action pretty consistent
seems carbon fibre guitars allows for consistent precision, as you have observed
2009 GXi Wine
2009 CA 12-Strings Sun-burst
2010 X-Performer Carbon-burst
2011 Cargo Red

Emerald Soloist
2012 X20-OS Vintage Amber

Blackbird Soloist
2013 Super OM Carbon-burst with italian racing red sound-holes

http://pinterest.com/charming01/carb...forced-guitars

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber