The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-31-2017, 07:34 AM
Charter Member

Pro Sound there did have some CA's in stock, but I haven't been in there for a while. Tejon Street Music is a great shop to deal with.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bry View Post
If only there was a local blackbird dealer.
I am too far away, but I can say that my Lucky 13 (from 2014) is well balanced. It also doesn't have electronics.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 08-31-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
I am looking for a travel/truck guitar. I am a carbon fiber only player. I got tired of trying to maintain wood guitars here in Colorado Springs. I recently purchased a CH-OM from ted. Best guitar purchase ever. I am leaning towards the PA only because I like the neck on the OM and there is a local shop that has one. No where to try the x7.
So my question is, does the Emerald X7 offer anything the CH-PA does not?
When I was looking for my first carbon fiber acoustic guitar, one of my wishes was to have stainless steel frets.
I felt nickel would wear faster than stainless steel and a key reason to have a CF acoustic guitar was less maintenance.
IMHO all CF acoustic guitars should have SS frets.
The only CF acoustic guitar manufactures I could find who installed stainless steel frets on their guitars were Blackbird, Composite Acoustics and Emerald.
2018 X30
And four all
laminate wood
acoustic guitars
Old 08-31-2017, 01:27 PM

Quote:
My only issue with the ch pa is you can really feel the weight of the neck. I felt like as I was playing I was having to hold the neck from falling.
I also found the RS parlor to be neck heavy. CF truss rod weirdness.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121 View Post
When I was looking for my first carbon fiber acoustic guitar, one of my wishes was to have stainless steel frets.
I felt nickel would wear faster than stainless steel and a key reason to have a CF acoustic guitar was less maintenance.
The only CF acoustic guitar manufactures I could find who installed stainless steel frets on their guitars were Blackbird, Composite Acoustics and Emerald.
RainSong and McPherson claim nickel offers a better tone pairing to carbon fiber. Not quantifiable but both companies sure are making killer guitars.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
RainSong and McPherson claim nickel offers a better tone pairing to carbon fiber. Not quantifiable but both companies sure are making killer guitars.
And Blackbird, Composite Acoustics and Emerald do not ?
2018 X30
And four all
laminate wood
acoustic guitars
Old 08-31-2017, 02:31 PM

I am not hard on frets, so nickel versus SS frets probably shouldn't be a factor for me. However I ended up with two killer CF guitars which both have SS frets. Go figure.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 08-31-2017, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121 View Post
I agree. Now I just need to hold onto any guitar long enough to need new frets...
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 09-01-2017, 12:08 PM
Charter Member

Well I just ordered a X7 Artisan. Having never played one I know it's risky but everything I've read and heard leads me to believe these are amazing guitars. I get it in 5 weeks. I loved the ch pa, but for me I think the weight balance between the body and the n2 neck is off
Old 09-01-2017, 02:59 PM
Charter Member

Congrats Bry...I would be shocked if you didn't love it. What color did you order?
Old 09-01-2017, 04:06 PM
Charter Member

Default Rainsong CH-PA or Emerald X7 opus

I ordered the black. I went back and forth between colors. It was either amber or black. I'm sure it will be gorgeous. Not as gorgeous as the new September selects but it will be really nice.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:35 PM

Quote:
I ordered the black. I went back and forth between colors. It was either amber or black. I'm sure it will be gorgeous. Not as gorgeous as the new September selects but it will be really nice.
I have already decided that if I ever get an X20-12 or Chimaera Artist it will be amber.

If I am already paying the upcharge for the Artist over the Opus I'm going to get one of the color tints.
Rainsong SFTA-FLE; WS3000; CH-PA
Taylor GA3-12, Guild F-212

https://markhorning.bandcamp.com/music
Old 09-01-2017, 09:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiberty View Post
I have already decided that if I ever get an X20-12 or Chimaera Artist it will be amber.

If I am already paying the upcharge for the Artist over the Opus I'm going to get one of the color tints.

Makes sense. Maybe I should have. I guess I can always do that in the next one.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:54 AM
Charter Member

I am super excited! I couldn't decide between black and amber for my x7 I ordered. I ended up ordering black. Kind of wished I had gotten amber so I asked Sean if it was possible to switch it. Just got word that my x7 is in the fretting stage and then getting prepped for spraying so he was able to change the order. ya!
Old 09-05-2017, 08:01 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
I am super excited! I couldn't decide between black and amber for my x7 I ordered. I ended up ordering black. Kind of wished I had gotten amber so I asked Sean if it was possible to switch it. Just got word that my x7 is in the fretting stage and then getting prepped for spraying so he was able to change the order. ya!
My previous Chimaera was amber and that color is really nice. I doubt you'll be disappointed. Great that you got the change request in just in time. I well-know the feeling. Enjoy the wait!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber