The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-18-2017, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaichine View Post
Whats the difference between the hybrid parlor, and the regular parlor? I understand the hybrid has satin back and sides vs gloss, but otherwise are they pretty much identical? If i have played a parlor, can i expect the same with the hybrid?
Other than the aesthetics, they are indeed identical.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:00 PM
Guest 928

Good that the old and new Parlors are essentially the same. I am really fond of my Parlor nylon string and was thinking that I might have to purchase a new rendition. Close call.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Good that the old and new Parlors are essentially the same. I am really fond of my Parlor nylon string and was thinking that I might have to purchase a new rendition. Close call.
Evan, that 1.75 nut not give you any problems with nylon strings?
I play: Acoustic blues & folk
Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/sirwhale28/videos
Old 02-19-2017, 10:36 AM
Guest 928

Sir;

Surprisingly, no. I purchased the guitar without having played it first. Michael, knowing my obsession with nylon string CF instruments, offered me a very good deal and I purchased the guitar thinking I would probably end up passing it along.

The narrower nut width forces me to be a bit more precise but the sound and comfort of the Parlor make the adaptation worth while. I also did not think I would like, but have come to prefer, the fat neck.

In short, the Parlor now nests with the X10-OSN and I am no longer on the hunt for an acoustic nylon string guitar. A CF nylon string electric guitar with a 1.75 nut would be interesting.....
Old 02-23-2017, 10:52 PM
Charter Member

I'm wondering if Ted, or anyone here, has been able to compare the three available pickups (especially the Anthem and the K&K) in these guitars and can provide some comments, opinions, comparisons, etc.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:50 PM
Charter Member

Hopefully these new guitars at this price point will bring many more people into the carbon community!

I just don't find the shorter scale comfortable. I wonder if there are any plans to release at least a 14 fret to the body ws version?
Old 02-25-2017, 03:19 PM

For some the short scale is not short enough..

McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 02-27-2017, 06:26 AM

Hi Gang,

Had a chance to play the RainSong Concert Hybrid Series (Parlor & OM) and thought I share the following:

1. Fit and finish is amazing... It looks like some sold piece of carbon
2. Love the satin neck, sides and back.... it rests in your lap and the neck has a great grip feel to it.
3. The element pick up is great and the controls are much smaller than the fishman so barely notice them... they just blend into the guitar.
4. No large barn door that can vibrate while playing... if you have owned a rainsong ..overtime the doors get a little loose...and we have to add some foam or something. The element has a small door that you push to eject the battery... very solid and vibration free.

I really struggled when buying my shorty between the satin finish (ease of playing) and the looks of the gloss finish. Given the playability and pickup and gorgeous looks .... it may be worth trading up or down.. or whatever for these new models.

Rainsong has really hit the mark with these models....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber