The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 10-15-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post

My PA system is also 2 channel which can also give me two good additional analog channels for recording if necessary

I have a Fishman 220 solo amp
a 2 channel Langevin DCV combo Pre/EQ/Limiter
a TC Electronics 3000 stereo processor
All in a SKS rolling rack

AKG C 900 stage condenser mic
Shure Beta 87 stage condenser mic
Shure KMS 105 SDC stage condenser mic

Do you use your Langevin DVC in your live rig with the Solo Amp?
Old 10-16-2013, 07:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
Do you use your Langevin DVC in your live rig with the Solo Amp?
Yes I do, I like the EQ and the Limiter, both vert transparent ,then a little bit of reverb from the TC 3000 (depending on the room) all into the two channels on the Solo set flat. Very pleased, it makes for easy transport and set up. Two trips to the car, The guitars/s in one trip and then the Solo (in its funky rolling bag with mic stand attached ) and the SKB rolling rack in one trip.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 10-18-2013, 01:19 PM

I had a solo rig but never did that. As a matter of fact I overheated that SOLO amp so many times I sold it to a solo performer that plays quiet! She has since never had a problems with it.

I own a Langevin DVC and a Manley VOXBOX and never thought of them as live gear They are go to recording pieces though!!!

I use a A&H ZED10FX and a set of Mackie HD1221s and it is so much more full sounding than the Solo rig, and can get WAY louder when needed. I may have to try the DVC with that rig. So are you compressing with the DVC? I bet the TC FX sound WAY better than the Fishman verbs
Old 10-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
I had a solo rig but never did that. As a matter of fact I overheated that SOLO amp so many times I sold it to a solo performer that plays quiet! She has since never had a problems with it.

I own a Langevin DVC and a Manley VOXBOX and never thought of them as live gear They are go to recording pieces though!!!

I use a A&H ZED10FX and a set of Mackie HD1221s and it is so much more full sounding than the Solo rig, and can get WAY louder when needed. I may have to try the DVC with that rig. So are you compressing with the DVC? I bet the TC FX sound WAY better than the Fishman verbs
Yes the only pieces I use live is the Solo and what you see in the rolling rack, i.e. the Monster power conditioner, the TC 3000 FX and the DVC, and yes I use a bit of EQ and the Limiters from the DVC. So far I have not really needed to play loud so the Solo fits the bill,

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD