The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 04-13-2013, 08:05 AM

Default Tascam DP -008 EX

Has anyone tried the new Tascam DP 008 EX or even the DP 006?

Reviews are a bit hard to come by. Thank you.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:46 AM

Default Tascam DP 008 EX

I have the Tascam DP 008 EX and I love it. It is fast to hit a button or two, put something down, use the other tracks to put down a vocal line or guitar part etc. The built in mics sound really good. I use it to capture ideas, I have not tried to produce something fancier than a quick demo but it wouldn't be hard top get a good product out of it. Buy some chips with lots of storage and write us a masterpiece.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4+2 View Post
I have the Tascam DP 008 EX and I love it. It is fast to hit a button or two, put something down, use the other tracks to put down a vocal line or guitar part etc. The built in mics sound really good. I use it to capture ideas, I have not tried to produce something fancier than a quick demo but it wouldn't be hard top get a good product out of it. Buy some chips with lots of storage and write us a masterpiece.
thank you. I am wondering how it compares to the DP 008 model with regard to the upgrades.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:44 PM

Default dp006 plus points

Great mics, OK inpputs. Particularly useful with good stomp box (Boss multi ME70 e.g). Stereo channels are only stereo though, which could make the 008 EX more useful?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD