The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-30-2001, 03:35 PM

Post Anyone know a Website with EZ Guitar Tabs?

I'm still a beginner. I bought a John Denver Anthology Songbook for EZ guitar and I love it... I can play most of what is in there. Anyone know of a website with easier versions of acoustic songs? Thanks!

1997 814C
2002 Big Baby
Old 03-30-2001, 08:51 PM

Wink

Try Harmony Central for just about any song tab that you would like to learn. Some of the tabs are not exactly 100% correct but most are pretty accruate.
Old 03-30-2001, 11:08 PM

Hi Janice,

Harmony Central uses the main database that used to be referred to as the "Renegade Olga". They have an incredible library. Further down the page as you select by first letter of the artist's name is a list of many alternate tab sites. Some specialize in certain types of music.
In terms of simplified versions, if I understand your question, you can usually "prune" down a song by identifying the the chord changes in a song of more complexity than you can handle and focus on the simple progression, leaving out a lot of the "color" notes that add mechanical complexity for a beginner. I too consider myself a beginner to entry level intermediate and have found this very helpful.
Old 03-31-2001, 09:59 AM

Thanks all. I'll check it out.

1997 814C
2002 Big Baby
Old 03-31-2001, 03:09 PM

Another good place to get tabs
Tabcrawler
W65ce
Old 04-02-2001, 02:07 AM
I know that one

Janice -

A great site for lessons, tabs, info etc. is www.wholenote.com If you have a soundcard, the lessons have recordings attached and you can loop the sounds and also control the beat count. This allows you to slow things down for learning and speed up as you become more adept. The tab link is to the updated OLGA which has a large assortment of tabs. Be aware that these are all contributed tabs and may not be completely accurate. I recommended this site to my beginning guitar students - IMHO it's a great supplement to your studies.
Old 04-16-2001, 05:21 PM

Janice as I posted in a other thread try using (www.coppernic.com) type in what ever you are looking for and let the multiple search engines do it for you a great easy to find stuff on the web(keep-on-pickin)

[ 04-16-2001: Message edited by: steveo ]

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification