The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-19-2019, 11:59 AM
Charter Member

Default Baggs Align Delay and Chorus - Who is using them?

Is anyone using the LR Baggs Align Delay or Chorus pedals? I've done some searching for reviews, but most of what I am seeing are product announcements and initial roll-out store reviews. I haven't found much any reports from end-users.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has personal experience with the Baggs Align Delay

Also, the Baggs Align Chorus.

Thanks!
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 07-23-2019, 11:59 AM
Charter Member

I am beginning to suspect no one here is using a Baggs Align Delay or Align Chorus on their pedalboards. Hmm. These appeal to a small market demographic it seems. I wouldn't use a Chorus a lot personally, but its a nice effect on a couple of songs. Especially when done right, subtle without losing the 'fundamental'.

Same with Delay. I actually use a Diamond Memory Lane Jr Delay just slightly to add a little dimension and wetness to a dry sounding venue.
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 07-23-2019, 12:30 PM
Charter Member

Yo homefry skillet deluxe,

I use an ol' MXR Analog delay in the rare cases I use my pedal board, otherwise I use a tad of Delay on my Loudbox, same with chorus even more rarley... that said, I've listened to and watched Bagg's videos on these two and they certainly sound good with high quality build and quiet operation. I'd like to hear what others think too as I've been pleased with the Align EQ even tho I only use it with the D-18/M80.

Bro-mag-non-man!
Old 07-23-2019, 12:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noledog View Post
Yo homefry skillet deluxe,

I use an ol' MXR Analog delay in the rare cases I use my pedal board, otherwise I use a tad of Delay on my Loudbox, same with chorus even more rarley... that said, I've listened to and watched Bagg's videos on these two and they certainly sound good with high quality build and quiet operation. I'd like to hear what others think too as I've been pleased with the Align EQ even tho I only use it with the D-18/M80.

Bro-mag-non-man!
LOl ...Are you following me? (Had a skillet breakfast) Ha!

I use the Baggs Align as an 'always on' pedal. I use the phase button and single knob notch filter, but I also find a couple of low mid frequencies benefit from 'cutting'. Great pedal and that single knob notch filter is the BEST ever ...since the one you used to use on your Fishman Plus.

I try to not make my signal overly 'wet' with delay or verb, but I do find a little bit adds dimension and sweetness. As for Chorus, I use it on maybe two tunes. but when it's done right for acoustic, it's super sweet. Otherwise, I love a straight-up acoustic tone with enough reverb to keep my overall sound from being bone-dry.
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 07-23-2019, 02:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groberts View Post
LOl ...Are you following me? (Had a skillet breakfast) Ha!

I use the Baggs Align as an 'always on' pedal. I use the phase button and single knob notch filter, but I also find a couple of low mid frequencies benefit from 'cutting'. Great pedal and that single knob notch filter is the BEST ever ...since the one you used to use on your Fishman Plus.

I try to not make my signal overly 'wet' with delay or verb, but I do find a little bit adds dimension and sweetness. As for Chorus, I use it on maybe two tunes. but when it's done right for acoustic, it's super sweet. Otherwise, I love a straight-up acoustic tone with enough reverb to keep my overall sound from being bone-dry.
Yo Green eggs & ham,

Your right about the Align notch filter, you have such a killer live sound bro... I use the Loudbox chorus on two songs; "Sailing" and "Coast Of Somewhere Beautiful", and maybe "Sister Golden Hair" if I remember to click it on LOL!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification