The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-12-2001, 11:34 AM

Question Any comments on Larrivee OM-3?

I have opportunity to buy one but I have to drive an hour and haven't played it yet...is there anyone who can give me info on it?

1997 814C
2002 Big Baby
Old 04-12-2001, 02:47 PM

Smile

Good grief! I thought you just got a guitar (an expensive one at that!)....

What's up?
Indeed, there is something in the current DC/NY culture that equates a lack of unthinking boosterism with a lack of patriotism. As if not being drunk on the latest Dow gains is somehow un-American. - Arianna Huffington May 11, 2009
Old 04-12-2001, 03:00 PM

Unhappy

You caught me! I am a sucker for a good deal and I love to shop--so I found this OM-3 and was going to recommend it for a friend. Now my friend has decided she wants a larger guitar and I have already been in discussion with the Larrivee owner. The orchestra size and the 1 11/16 neck appeals to me. I thought I might get it and then resell it later (or keep it if I love it)...

1997 814C
2002 Big Baby
Old 04-13-2001, 09:03 AM

I think you'd love it. I am a big fan of Larrivee guitars and the OM model is my favorite. For over a year the local dealer had only OM 3s. I was waiting for him to get an OM 5 and 9. They all sound great. The 3 is of course satin finish and plain (that's okay), while the 5 and 9 are jewels with high gloss and maple binding. Just gorgeous instruments.
Old 05-02-2001, 10:42 PM

Thumbs down

I BOUGHT MY 512 AT WILDWOOD MUSIC IN OHIO AND THEY REALLY PUSH LARRIVEE AND I PERSONALLY DIDN'T PLAY 1 I LIKED. OF COURSE THAT IS A VERY SUBJECTIVE THING BUT I LIKED SEVERAL OTHER BRANDS THEY SELL SUCH AS MARTIN AND LOWDEN AND BREEDLOVE BUT THE LAR. BRAND DIDN'T IMPRESS ME MUCH
Matthew 6:33
(formerly cc)
Old 05-03-2001, 09:46 AM

Thanks for your comments. I actually liked the Larrivee I played a couple months ago but can't remember which model it was. I decided not to get the OM-3 because I didn't have time to drive to see it and realized it was not the wisest investment of time or money right now. I need to practice my Taylor!

1997 814C
2002 Big Baby

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification