The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 02-11-2020, 02:16 PM

On a different note, I see that the MLB is considering on changing up the format for the post season.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-conside...tseason-format

I've only read snippets of the details. While I think think there are good and bad to it I think it's a step in the right direction.
Old 02-11-2020, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogducker View Post
Minimum wage for an unknown player sitting on the bench is $500,000/yr. If I watch on TV, its for entertainment only!

My wife went to a Detroit Tiger, (A forgettable team) game on a travel tour thing,------price for a bottle of WATER was $5.50. Her seat was lousy and she said that is her last game! The Illitch family doesn't care they have a gold mine with guaranteed profitability!

Fog
It's $563,000 for this season. Minor league players get almost nothing.

Any event I go to water costs $4-7. Concerts, races, arts festivals, baseball and football games, you name it. Heck, it's $5 admission to a high school football game around here (non student) water is 4 bucks, a burger 5.

You see, it's not 1962 anymore.

2005 Gibson J-45
1985 Guild D17
2012 Fender Am. Std. Stratocaster
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Old 02-11-2020, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watchman View Post
Even if big contract players are willing to take less money to stay with a team, the union wont let them. It ruins the curve for negotiations for other players.
Yea, and that's a shame. If a team can no longer afford to keep a player the union would not approve of that player renegotiating an existing contract to a lower value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
On a different note, I see that the MLB is considering on changing up the format for the post season.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-conside...tseason-format

I've only read snippets of the details. While I think think there are good and bad to it I think it's a step in the right direction.
+1, Neil. I'd like to see expanded playoffs and a couple of less games.

The one thing that stands out is that the top team gets to pick their opponent. Then the 2nd best team would pick their opponent. Guessing that teams will not want to pick an opponent because it publicly states that "hey, we want to play you because you'll be easier to beat than the other team". I wonder if they'll allow a "pass"?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic