The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 02-03-2005, 08:59 PM

I'm enjoying visiting everyone's websites, and listening to some great music
Old 02-08-2005, 08:09 AM

Cool

Oh, cool. Just saw this thread.
My latest CD, "Just Enough", recorded in my home studio, is all acoustic, some vocal songs, some instrumentals, I've layered a few guitar tracks using strummed rhythms, leads and fingerstyle stuff. It's all me except the bass...I couldn't do what Jamie does. Especially check out Dust Devil, Train and Ellipse...my favorite instrumentals.
www.cdbaby.com/joanberry2
Baby T
Taylor Bass
'69 Martin D35
Fender Strat
www.joanberrymusic.com
Old 02-13-2005, 05:15 PM

The band I am in, Living Stone, is working on CD #2. We hope to have it done in a few months. Michael O Martian's son, Chris, is mixing most of it. We have preliminary OK from the guy that mixed the CCM mega-hit for Mercy Me, "I Can Only Imagine", to mix one of the new songs. Very cool, if you ask me! Our first one (called "Living Stone") is still available. There is a track on it called "Like Never Before" that was included on the last T____r Guitar Forum CD. There are two full length decent quality mp3's from that album at www.markfishermusic.com, and there are mp3 clips of all the songs at www.livingstoneworship.com. Lots of guitars on most of the tunes. You can contact me through either website if you would like a CD.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:04 AM

Default My debut CD just came out!

I put this message elsewhere too, because I had not seen this thread. Sorry!

My debut CD just came out! It contains 12 tracks, 10 of which are original work. All acoustic fingerstyle (Taylor, some Ovation and a bit of Maton), and a rather broad musical spectrum, ranging from bluegrass through jazzy/ragtime all the way to Celtic.

Many say there is a clear Tommy Emmanuel influence, which interestingly is a coincidence for the songs on this album, as I wrote all of them minus one before I ever heard any of Tommy's songs! I must admit though that if it weren't for Tommy, this CD would not have been out by now. Tap Your Foot! is the only song from post-Tommy times, and is also dedicated to him.

The CDs will leave the factory today and can be ordered (and heard) at the website of my (small, independent) record company: www.peghead.nl. More about me and the CD on www.eltjohaselhoff.com.

Thanks!

Eltjo.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:03 PM

Default Fingerstyle Intstrumental CD

My CD entitled Flying Colors, containing fourteen original fingerstyle instrumentals of variuos styles, can be sampled at CD Baby at www.cdbaby.com/cd/henson My email address is [email protected]

1989 Taylor 910ce
2003 Taylor K65ce
2004 Taylor 915ce
2005 National Style N Reso-Rocket Cutaway (Brass Body)
Old 02-21-2005, 06:09 PM
In The Pocket

Check out NarroPath's 2004 debut CD - "The New Revival". All original Christian rock music.

Stop by www.narropath.com to download sound clips and purchase the CD.

NarroPath - "The New Revival" Front & Back Cover:

NarroPath - "The New Revival" Inside Cover (concert photo and lyrics):

Music Samples: www.narropath.com/music.htm

Isaiah 38:20
---------------------
Devin @ MySpace
Devin's Guitars
Old 02-25-2005, 09:59 PM
Eric Skye

Somehow I've missed this sticky...If it was a snake it would've.... I have new CD, it's called For Lulu- solo jazz-ish steelstring guitar. More info at: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/ericskye2
Old 03-14-2005, 11:10 PM

My debut CD, "Ghosts and Angels," is available on CDBaby (http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/sandina) and through my website. It's pretty eclectic: its twelve tunes touch on several genres: folk, rock, country, blues, jazz, even kids' and Cajun. No strictly instrumental tunes; on it I play acoustic guitar and three different types of mt. dulcimer. It's gotten airplay worldwide, including on WFMT/XM Radio's "The Midnight Special." I'm currently working on my second CD. I have also started performing with Susan Urban in a duo called "Sass!"; our EP (the nucleus for our upcoming CD) is available from either of us (our e-mails are on our new website-in-progress, www.sass-music.com) for five bucks. A song from it, "Canadian For a Day," was just played last weekend on "The Midnight Special." The solo version of "Canadian" (which has gotten airplay in Toronto) is on a compilation CD called "First Friday:" twenty of us from the Old Town School of Folk Music's monthly First Friday Songwriters' Exchange decided to release it for the benefit of the Chicago Academy for the Performing Arts' scholarship fund. It's also available at CDBaby (http://cdbaby.com/cd/libman), as well as several brick-and-mortar outlets around Chicago. Finally, I have two songs (one of which, "Because We Can," made Dr. Demento's Funny Five and will also be on his 2005 Demento Society CD) on a compilation called "Tappin' Out a Rhythm, Pickin' Out a Tune" (that's me playing my 414rce on the back cover) from Madison, WI label Travenia Records, which is the label that will be releasing the first Andina & Rich CD later this year. The other one of mine on there is a dulcimer-based song called "Shira," written from the perspective of a war-weary Israeli border guard writing to his new bride back home in Jerusalem. It too is available at CDBaby (http://cdbaby.com/cd/tappinrhythm).

http://www.sandyandina.com

-------------------------
Gramann Rapahannock, 7 Taylors, 4 Martins, 2 Gibsons, 2 V-A, Larrivee Parlour, Gretsch Way Out West, Fender P-J Bass & Mustang, Danelectro U2, Peavey fretless bass, 8 dulcimers, 2 autoharps, 2 banjos, 2 mandolins, 3 ukes

I cried because I had no shoes.....but then I realized I won’t get blisters.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:23 PM

I'm gonna bump this thread because as Chris (UncleShish) reminded me, there's lots of good stuff on here.

Now my only problem is to buy guitar stuff or CD's!

That which is good or great makes itself known, no matter how loud the clamor of denial. -- Theodore F. MacManus

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell -- Christopher Walken
Old 04-19-2005, 10:03 PM

After MUCH waiting, my CD is available. It's titled:

Acoustic Cocktail

The disc contains 10 solo, instrumental, fingerstyle pieces. Eight songs are original with one cover of a David Qualey piece (Santa Cruz) and one traditional blue piece (The Gambler's Lament).

Email orders to [email protected]

Thanks AGF!!!!!

David
Old 04-19-2005, 11:08 PM

Congratulations David! What an accomplishment! Is there a website where one can view or perhaps sample your new CD? Where did you record it? What recording format did you use? Are you the only player? Are the songs originals or covers? What instrument(s) did you use? Are you totally pleased with the outcome? What is the meaning of life??
Old 04-20-2005, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Congratulations David! What an accomplishment!
Thanks!! I am very pleased to have this project finished.

Quote:
Is there a website where one can view or perhaps sample your new CD?
Let's see, I do not have a website right now. I'm working on it, but as a one man operation who knows nothing about website creation it's going to take a little while. I'll update folks when something is available. There ARE two songs available for listening. Go to www.audiostreet.net/davidmoore to hear them.

Quote:
Where did you record it? What recording format did you use? Are you the only player?
I recorded the CD in my home. I used a Digidesign 002R into an iMac G5 running ProTools LE. I used a pair of sequentially numbered Neumann KM184 mics as my main mics. I also recorded a pair of Behringer B2 mics that I mixed in just to open thigns up a bit. Other than a little bit of reverb, that's it. I am the only player on the disc. Two songs have some MIDI strings on them for atmosphere (the two songs mentioned above that are on Audiostreet).

Quote:
Are the songs originals or covers?
The disc has 10 songs. 8 songs are original, and two are (obviously) covers. The two covers are "Santa Cruz" by David Qualey and "The Gambler's Lament" which is a traditional blues piece.

Quote:
What instrument(s) did you use?
All songs on the disc were recorded using an Alberico OM. Check out www.albericoguitar.com The guitar you see on the first page is the instrument I used for this CD. It's a cocobolo / German Spruce cutaway. It's a LOVELY instrument!!

Quote:
Are you totally pleased with the outcome?
To be honest, I think I'm as happy as I can be given that I did everything myself except the graphic arts. I've always been hyper-critical of my own playing (I think most people are). Recording a solo acoustic guitar is VERY hard. After being part of a rock band with two CDs I can definitely say that recording solo acoustic guitar is much MORE difficult than recording a band. Although I AM pleased with the result, I think I'll have my next project professionally mixed and mastered.

Quote:
What is the meaning of life??
42!

Take a listen to the samples at www.audiostreet.net/davidmoore If you like what you hear send me an email at [email protected] to place an order.

Thanks,

David
Old 04-20-2005, 01:51 PM

Default you will like it...

I have heard David's CD and it's great. Very nice selections, beautifully played - I have placed my order and can't wait to share it with friends.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:46 PM

I have a CD of Christian music based mainly on fingerstyle and vocals. It has gotten some good reviews and radio play. I wrote all the songs except my remake of "The Way that He Loves" which has the hearty endorsement of the author, Elmo Mercer. It is all self recorded and played and sung. I also will go for professional mastering on my next CD. I am currently working on my arrangements of old hymns. I hope to get it out soon.

2003 Taylor 514ce
1987 EF 369 Solid Rosewood Takamine
1969 Yamaha FG180
1986 Fender Strat
1950s Harmony Airline
Old 04-23-2005, 12:41 AM

A website is now available with song AND tab downloads for my new release, "Acoustic Cocktail". I'll bet if you press the "Buy it Now" button something cool will happen. Go ahead, press that button. Yeah, that's right. Press it.

http://home.comast.net/~dcm_guitar

David

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell