The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-01-2000, 11:53 AM
AGF Owner & Founder

Post Breedlove guitars anyone?

A few weeks ago, I got to play some Breedlove guitars. A local dealer has picked them up, and has quite a variety of these guitar, everything from Ebony to Maple, to... something that looked like Sycamore - I think it's caller Myrtlewood. Most of these guitars had very good projection, and a fairly rich sound. Surprisingly, some of the more visually appealing guitars like the Ebony one, sounded dead. The maple one sounded great, as did a Cedar/Rosewood one. Me and a friend of mine got to A/B the Breedlove with a 912C that was hanging on the wall, and it's truly a different sound. I'd have to say that I personally enjoyed the sound of the 912C better than any of the Breedlove guitars, as did my friend. However, the Breedlove guitars did have a very unique sound - some that I really liked. Visually, they're very appealing (to me), and seem to be of VERY VERY high build quality (and a high price tag to go with it.)

Any comments from Breedlove owners or anyone who has played them?

J.R.
Old 11-01-2000, 09:27 PM

Wink

I played a maple jumbo model last year in a local music shop. First time I'd ever played one. Incredible volume and bass thump. Louder than my Taylor 615, but didn't play as easy.

Somebody told me the company was started up by a couple of people who were with Taylor for a long time and then split off on their own. Don't know if that's true or not. Anyone else heard that story?

Have you checked out Breedlove's website? They have some beautiful inlay work on some of their axes. Look at the "Northwest" model. Has Northwest Indian art inlaid all over it. Looks like a totem pole.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification