The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 03-09-2019, 05:10 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Growler View Post
I think it's funny that some people carry zero cash. Even though I use a cash back credit card for almost everything (pay it off in full each month) I always carry some cash. Several times I've been with a friend or business associate at lunch or somewhere and the card reader was on the fritz and they had no cash to buy their lunch. I hand them a $20 and told them to catch me later. Don't understand how you don't carry some money, just in case.
I used to carry some cash, just in case. But there was never a “case”, so it was just taking up space and was one more thing I had to think about. So I stopped. Now I have cash to take to the farmer’s market every week. When we left home in December to spend 3 months down south near our daughter (an annual thing now), I brought my money clip with $100 in it. I’m heading home in a couple days and I still have the same $100 in my money clip, which has stayed in a drawer the whole time we’ve been away. So I’ll take it home and use some of it at the farmer’s market next week.

One of the two cards I carry is a debit card I can use to GET cash, so that’s my “just in case”. And I don’t even need that to get cash at my bank - I can just use the Apple Pay function of my phone at an ATM. I actually don’t use my cards much anymore, but there are still some few places that don’t take Apple Pay. So I look at carrying my cards as “just in case” and look forward to the day when I won’t have to carry those either because the just in case won’t happen anymore. Then I’ll be down to my phone and driver’s license. There will come a time when we’ll be able to keep our drivers license information on our phone too, but I’m guessing that may not be in my lifetime...

If it makes you more comfortable to carry some cash just in case, knock yourself out. I did for a pretty long time, but I don’t anymore. I understand it. Nobody else has to...

-Ray
Old 03-09-2019, 05:15 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostosh View Post
My big issue is "Why is a 10¢ candy bar a $1, 5¢ gum 95¢ "
and "Everything is rounded up to the nearest Dollar"
Next thing is to truncate the decimals
You just wait until they decimalise the calendar!

10, or 100 hours to the day, Ten days to the week, ten weeks to the month and, of course ten months in the year... plus one day in Seconduary (February, every ten years) .
Old 03-11-2019, 06:20 PM

Politicians will never agree to a cashless society. It would be too hard to hide the bribe money.

1984 Carvin LB-40 bass
1986 Carvin DC-125 two humbucker
1996 Taylor 412
La Patrie Concert
2012 American Standard Telecaster
1981 Carvin DC 100
Harley Benton LP JR DC
Bushman Delta Frost & Suzuki harmonicas
Artley flute
Six-plus decade old vocal apparatus

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic