The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-07-2020, 05:54 PM

Default X20 Nylon Recorded Through a Cling On CP01 Acoustic Pickup

Hi all. I know most of us here have pickups installed with our instruments, but for those who don't...

I grabbed the Cling On CP01 because it's not invasive on any level. It's right up there with soundhole pickups on being non-invasive, and I wanted something like that for my acoustic nylon instruments.

Anyway, it's not as great as a microphone (I don't think anyone would expect it to be), but I think it'll do the job if you're just looking to amplify so your violin friend doesn't drown you out too much.

If this product was ever on your radar, here's a recording of me attempting to play a little Japanese folk song on my Emerald X20 Nylon, recorded with a Cling On CP01 Acoustic Pickup, through a LR Baggs Para Acoustic DI Preamp, and into a Zoom H4N Pro, and processed in Audacity. Equalizer was completely level, and all I did in Audacity was raise the amplitude a little so the peak was at -3dB.

https://home.mycloud.com/action/shar...a-87b14ad0d6f6

This post can probably also go somewhere else...but hey, I tested this out on a carbon fiber instrument...so...it works here, right? :-)
Old 04-07-2020, 06:13 PM
Guest 928

BT;

Very nice. Delicate but pronounced. Thank you for the music.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:26 PM
Charter Member

Hard to dance to, but I enjoyed it. The X20 sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing that !

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber