The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 06-02-2020, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixedgear60 View Post
Thanks for posting... gorgeous guitar!!! Love the Irish twins!! I have always admired hollowed body guitars but never could get my head around their use outside of jazz. See a couple of rockers using them .... Ted Nugent for example... but always wondered what they bring that a tele...ect does not or an acoustic. Again love the cool look but noodling on the application to pop/rock music....say verses the x10... which has a thin body....

Trying to convince myself on buying one I guess.. they have a number in stock...
It’s all good, as in, you don’t need to talk yourself into owning one. It’s a wonderful thing to be happy with what you’ve got.

For years the Gibson ES175 was Steve Howe’s(Yes) number one guitar. Clapton also played a Gibson Byrdland at the Concert for Bangladesh. Brian Setzer and Chet Atkins also loved their Gretsch arch tops. I posted the Jamie Stillway videos to present examples of how the archtop can be used outside of jazz.

And, if you have the chops, you can play some serious jazz for not tooo much money on a Martin D18 or a Waterloo acoustic archtop.

Regarding Teles, Ted Greene and Tim Lerch(if you aren’t aware of them then google them; you won’t be sorry!)have played some amazing jazz music using that very instrument. In fact, I sold a G&L Tele-style guitar with a humbucker in the neck position in order to get the Kestrel.

So I’ll be dropping off my Kestrel with my local guitar tech tomorrow now that I have a set of Thomastik Infeld Jazz Swing 12’s in hand. I should be getting it back mid to late next week(sigh) but then every improvement requires some sacrifice. By then it may be time for another thread, as NGD will have long passed.
Old 06-02-2020, 07:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esimms86 View Post
RP, thanks for posting the pics for me! BTW, my wife and I have had the bowl pottery for over twenty years. It looks to me to really complement my new mug.
Da nada, mi amigo.....
Martin 000-15sm
Old 06-03-2020, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esimms86 View Post
It’s all good, as in, you don’t need to talk yourself into owning one. It’s a wonderful thing to be happy with what you’ve got.

For years the Gibson ES175 was Steve Howe’s(Yes) number one guitar. Clapton also played a Gibson Byrdland at the Concert for Bangladesh. Brian Setzer and Chet Atkins also loved their Gretsch arch tops. I posted the Jamie Stillway videos to present examples of how the archtop can be used outside of jazz.

And, if you have the chops, you can play some serious jazz for not tooo much money on a Martin D18 or a Waterloo acoustic archtop.

Regarding Teles, Ted Greene and Tim Lerch(if you aren’t aware of them then google them; you won’t be sorry!)have played some amazing jazz music using that very instrument. In fact, I sold a G&L Tele-style guitar with a humbucker in the neck position in order to get the Kestrel.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts... will definately check out!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber