The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-29-2024, 12:51 PM
Charter Member

Default Eastman AC Series (Grand Auditorium) Comparable to Martin M (0000)?

I'm a big fan of the Martin M (0000) body style, and I'm looking for an acoustic that is smaller than a dreadnought that can perform well for both flatpicking and fingerstyle. But I'm looking to spend $2000 or less, and I don't think there are any Martin M or 0000 models to be had, new or used, for that little.

It occurred to me that Eastman's Grand Auditorium (AC series) guitars have a similar body size to the Martin M/0000 models, but I don't know if the construction of the guitars is similar enough to make the Eastman a good comp for the M/0000. They seem to have more in common with Taylors than with Martins. I do like that the Eastmans have European spruce tops.

Anyone have a sense of whether the Eastman ACs would be a good direction for me to go in, given what I'm looking for? (I've looked briefly into the Martin GPs and GPCs, but they sound inferior to the M/0000 models.)
Old 02-29-2024, 03:08 PM
AGF Sponsor

You're exactly right, more in line with a Taylor GA than an M/0000. That body style and body depth is pretty individual, all the features of the Eastman push it more in the Taylor direction... though, in our experience, many people get a lot more bang for their buck out of the Eastman.

Acoustic Music Works
Guitars, Banjos, Mandolins & Good Company

A top dealer for Collings, Huss & Dalton, Kevin Kopp, Baleno Instruments, Eastman, Pisgah Banjos, OME and ODE Banjos, Northfield Mandolins, and more!

(412) 422-0710
www.acousticmusicworks.com

Friend us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!
Check out our YouTube channel!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion