The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 02-14-2020, 09:57 AM

Default hate to ask, but

first off, im an old fart, bad hearing, my guitar playing so-so at best, i could never perform and never will, but i enjoy guitar and even wrote about 15 songs, and probably stink from a musicians standard, i started to record them with audacity, then uploaded a couple to soundcloud. problem is i can not organize the playlist , i mean to say change the order, maybe im just not doing it right, i dunno, what is a simple alternative to soundcloud if i cant get his figured out? needless to say, free is better, reason is affordability and really, i cant see paying a monthly fee for maybe only a dozen songs- TIA- john
Fender Strat Partscaster
Ibanez SR400 EQM bass
Old 02-14-2020, 10:04 AM

On Soundcloud first you need to make sure you have created a playlist. Do this by selecting a song and ‘add to playlist’. Once you have created and added your songs to the playlist you can then edit it and drag them into the correct order.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-14-2020, 10:53 AM
Charter Member

On your SoundCloud page, find the playlist, e.g., from the profile drop-down menu under your name. If you haven't made one, that's the first step.

Once you have added all of your songs to a playlist, you just use the [Playlist] Edit option (as mentioned), then click on the Tracks tab, and use your mouse pointer (assuming you're on a computer) to drag the tracks and rearrange them.

You can also arrange up to 5 songs in your Spotlight (assuming that's a free option) on your profile page.

I do have a paid account on SoundCloud, in case I've pointed you in a direction that doesn't exist - can't recall exactly what I get, though I know I do get the ability to update an uploaded track - the only reason is got the account, but hardly used these days (another budget leak I need to re-assess!).
Old 02-14-2020, 01:13 PM

thx all, ill give it a shot, i do have a free version and not the pro
Fender Strat Partscaster
Ibanez SR400 EQM bass

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD