The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-26-2020, 06:32 PM

Default Alternative to myfavoriteguitars.com?

Now that Jon & Sharon have retired I was wondering if there is another dealer with similar pricing on new Martin guitars.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:03 PM
Charter Member

There are other forum sponsors and Martin AD's who will match the 40%off of MSRP like Jon used to do (Maury comes to mind first) but there will not be another Jon & Sharon or MFG. Still hoping they will maintain a web presence with used and consigned guitars.

Dogs Welcome......People Tolerated!
Old 02-27-2020, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llew View Post
There are other forum sponsors and Martin AD's who will match the 40%off of MSRP like Jon used to do (Maury comes to mind first) but there will not be another Jon & Sharon or MFG. Still hoping they will maintain a web presence with used and consigned guitars.
According to Jon, he will be mentoring a newcomer to guitar sales based out of Florida.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:14 PM
Charter Member

Reno's Music in Indianapolis is a great choice.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:33 PM

I have built seven Martin Custom shop guitars with the very capable assistance of Ted and Helene at L.A. Guitar Sales. They really know how to communicate with the Custom Shop folks and get you what you want. And the pricing....is ridiculous!
Keb Mo 00, J-35 Collectors Edition, 12-Fret AJ,
Some Taylors, 612-CE 12 Fret, Custom 12-Fret Walnut, 814CE, Custom 2015 Engleman over Ovangkol GA,752ce LTD 12x12
Rainsong C1100-NS, Recording King RP 626 Schoenberg
Old 02-27-2020, 03:26 PM

Default L.A. Guitar Sales

I highly recommend that you contact or visit Ted and Helene at L.A. Guitar Sales. Their telephone number is: 310-246-1933. I have been a customer of theirs since 2011 having bought many guitars from them as well as a custom Martin as a gift for my son-in-law. I was new to guitars at the time and Ted guided me through the guitars in my signature over the years with the exception of my Collings. You will get a very fair price from them and Ted's knowledge and relationship with Martin, Ted's a "Top Ten" Martin dealer, will assure that you will get exactly what you want from the Martin Custom Shop. I visited Ted's shop many times over the years when we still lived in L.A.

I also visited Martin Guitar factory in Nazareth, PA and was given a personal tour. I have no connection with the music industry, they were just nice people!

2012 Taylor GC-6
2015 Collings 000-2H 12 Fret
2011 Martin OM 15 Custom-Shadeburst
2013 Eastman E10P
2011 Kenny Hill Nylon Crossover
Old 02-27-2020, 03:34 PM
Resident Guitar Hack

I’ve bought most of my Martins from Maury. Great guy with great prices and customer service. Highly recommend him.

Old 02-27-2020, 04:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llew View Post
They treated me extremely well on my OM-28...even when my employment situation got weird. They worked with me. I truly appreciate that because they didn't have to. I have actually communicated with him today via email about a Custom 000-18. I'd like to buy another Martin from them before they close shop. Great people to deal with!

Last edited by TDavis; 02-28-2020 at 08:06 AM.
Old 02-27-2020, 06:34 PM

Thanks for all the info! I really appreciate it!
Old 02-28-2020, 10:59 AM
Charter Member

Check with Jon. I believe he has a dealer lined up to take over his business.
Old 02-28-2020, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solosdad View Post
I highly recommend that you contact or visit Ted and Helene at L.A. Guitar Sales. Their telephone number is: 310-246-1933. I have been a customer of theirs since 2011 having bought many guitars from them as well as a custom Martin as a gift for my son-in-law. I was new to guitars at the time and Ted guided me through the guitars in my signature over the years with the exception of my Collings. You will get a very fair price from them and Ted's knowledge and relationship with Martin, Ted's a "Top Ten" Martin dealer, will assure that you will get exactly what you want from the Martin Custom Shop. I visited Ted's shop many times over the years when we still lived in L.A.

I also visited Martin Guitar factory in Nazareth, PA and was given a personal tour. I have no connection with the music industry, they were just nice people!
You know it! My Numero Uno for the bottom line price and super service.
Guitars: Martin 00-28; Martin Custom 00-28K; Martin 000-15M; Martin D-10; Martin D-41; Gibson 1939 L-00; Gibson L-00 Rosewood Studio; Gibson J-35; Fender Stratocaster, Telecaster Deluxe; Gibson Les Paul Junior. Others.
Old 02-29-2020, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJesse View Post
Reno's Music in Indianapolis is a great choice.
+1

Frank

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion