The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 02-25-2020, 07:58 AM

Default Simple external mic for ipad facebook live

Hello,
Want to facebook live an event I'm hosting at a local coffee shop. Planning on using an Ipad. Could of course use internal mic. Nah.

Thinking the Snowball? According to lit, plugs direct in, no interface or other power required.

Coupla questions: Want to leave it running for three hours. Will that kill the Ipad battery? If so, can get USB to lightning adapter that allows a charger into Ipad.

Thoughts?
Scott
Old 02-27-2020, 01:52 AM

Sennheiser handmic digital or shure MV88.

The Apple lightning to usb 3 camera adapter will allow you to charge while using an ios mic but won't work with the mv88, because of its design, but works with the Sennheiser or any mic that uses an lightning to USB cable.

Last edited by Mike J. Vitale; 02-27-2020 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-29-2020, 10:58 AM

I found an adapter on the 'Zon that has a joint female end, USB and Lightning, and a single male Lightning input connection wire thingy. Hopefully, the Zoom Q2N I already have, and which works great with OBS streaming software (free download), and which I used to stream a FB event last night from a Surface Pro 3, will do the same with the Ipad.
Cheers

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD