The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 02-16-2020, 08:13 PM
Charter Member

I have a red AC15 with the Greenback. Nice amp, heavy though, and loud. If you are looking for headroom, get something with the larger speaker. (re the AC10). It's better to be overpowered, than underpowered fighting that boxy sound.
Old 02-17-2020, 06:31 PM

I love my AC15C1. I recently re-tubed it with JJ's, and that really kicked it up a notch from the cheap stock Chinese tubes.

My Rickenbacker 360/12 sounds like angels through this amp..

(And spring for the $30 footswitch - it really makes using the tremolo a lot easier.)

Old 02-19-2020, 04:10 PM

One more Vox amp you might check out: the Mini Superbeetle. It seems to be the closest thing to the old P15R that Vox makes in terms of tone, aesthetics, and price point. This one isn’t quite the how-on-earth-is-this-amp-so-inexpensive value that the P15R was, but it makes up for it with maybe the coolest form factor and aesthetics in a small amp I’ve ever seen:

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars