The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 04-14-2013, 09:39 AM

I'm happy to report back that I brought the guitar to a tech at a different shop and the guitar is now setup beautifully and the buzzing is gone with just a couple minor tweaks. Fed up with the last place, I brought it to a different shop (ironically Guitar Center) and I expressed my concerns directly to the tech, who is an older guy with many years of experience working on guitars. He took one look at the guitar and said "yeah, that is too low" in reference to the saddle and the high-end (GBE) action. He shimmed the saddle and tweaked the neck a little. It now has ample saddle height with good angle break, the low E is at 3/32" and the high E is at 2/32" and no more buzzing!

New saddle height:

bass E height at 12th fret:

I know there is some negative sentiment towards Guitar Center (understandable and likely warranted in many cases) on this forum, especially when it comes to instrument service and repair. In this case though I found a guy there who really knows what he is doing.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RappahannockRag View Post
I'm happy to report back that I brought the guitar to a tech at a different shop and the guitar is now setup beautifully and the buzzing is gone with just a couple minor tweaks.
Glad to hear it is resolved for you.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair