The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 09-07-2009, 10:48 PM
Charter Member

Thanks Robert & Folkstrum.

The night we made the Long Train video is one I will never forget. There are very special moments in the life of a band, and that was one of them.

Playing with the kids from Crete Middle & High School was a hoot. It took them a while to loosen up - but once they did we had a blast.

I'm the guy playing the Ovation Adamas guitar, which was "retired" shortly after that gig. It was a good guitar that served me well since the early 80s - but it was sounding a little "old". I've since moved to playing a guitar that I built in 2008 in a class with Kevin Gallagher of Omega Guitars. I'm using an LR Baggs LB6x with a Para DI and LOVE the sound on stage - and NO feedback issues at all. I also have a Taylor 655CE (actually a "Summer Stummer" 12-string from 2003) that gets used on a few songs - Love that guitar too!

We're about to celebrate our 17th year together as a band - amazing. It was supposed to be just one gig - and now 17 years later we are still going strong.

Thanks again for the kind words!

Building one-off acoustic guitars since 2008

Last edited by songsender; 09-07-2009 at 10:53 PM. Reason: added items

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell