The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 03-22-2018, 05:40 PM
Charter Member

Arrow Journey Overhead OF660B carbon fiber travel guitar

Putting back on the market for sale only - no trades, thanks.

I had briefly put this up for sale back in March about a month after buying it brand new but then decided to keep it awhile longer. I have not played it since other than to take it out and show a friend. I rarely travel these days so I've decided to let it go since I just placed an order for a custom Emerald X7 carbon fiber which will serve me well as a travel guitar should I ever need it.

If you're reading this ad then you likely already know about these guitars. They are designed to be a travel guitar that will fit in any commercial airplane overhead - hence the guitars name, the Overhead! The neck detaches from the body via a brilliant heavy duty mechanism and folds into an equally brilliant backpack case that is just the most well-thought out and designed travel case I've ever seen.

The guitar comes stock with other great features like a Manzer wedge design for maximum playing comfort and tone, AND a proprietary SBT pickup system (very similar to the K&K) that sounds great amplified. For a small guitar it sound really nice unplugged too with a warm tone that rises out of the offset soundhole directly up to the player. Perfect for playing on the couch in your hotel room while traveling or take it to an open mic and blow people away when you pull it out and put it together - that always draws a crowd! The scale is 24" and the nut is 1 3/4" and the string spacing is 2 1/4".

This is the blue model and it's a subtle and attractive blue. Bought in February brand new I was told that the blue models are the most popular ones they sell by far. This is my second OF660, the first one was black and I like the blue one much better. Color is only on the front, back and sides are black. I took this guitar on exactly one long trip for work and true to the claims I had no problem getting it on all six flights, on planes of all sizes.

The backpack is so well-laid out that I was able to use the extra pockets to stuff clothes and whatnot inside and actually use it as a piece of luggage! With creative packing, I literally did a week-long, multiple audit at facilities on the west coast and Wisconsin, traveling for five days with just the OF660B and my briefcase! I did a long NGD blog review of the process that showed how I packed as well as thoughts about traveling with this guitar and playing it. You can read that review and see a few photos on that post here:

NGD: Journey Overhead OF660B - with week-long, real-time travel

As I said the guitar is in excellent, like-new condition with the exception of a few scratches on the back on three edges. This occurred when I was playing it on the floor while babysitting my grandson. I laid the guitar down on the floor for a second and he grabbed it and slid it a few feet creating the scratches. They are minor and on the back but if you're the type of person that wants mint then move on. I'll post some photos showing this in a followup post below along with some other shots taken today (August).

These guitars go for $1,299 new. I'm putting it up for $950 which includes shipping and any PayPal fees. Not interested in any trades. Contact me via PM with any offers or questions.

Last edited by Methos1979; 08-22-2018 at 10:13 AM.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:56 PM

Thumbs up

Awesome guitar, and seller is an honored member of the carbon fiber subgroup. Good luck with the trade!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars