The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-31-2018, 09:58 PM

Default When they play 'em as good as they make 'em...

Vinnie Fodera (guitar) and Joey Lauricella (bass) - my former Brooklyn neighbors, and the hands behind those exotic $10K+ instruments that are arguably the D'Angelicos of the electric bass world - tearing it up with their band Blues Ball:

BTW that's a solid hand-carved flame-koa top on Vinnie's guitar - drool city, and don't even ask what your upcharge would be...

Some guys really can do it all...
Old 02-01-2018, 07:52 AM

Some of the flamiest koa I've ever seen.
They definitely have the wood https://fodera.smugmug.com/Topwood-G...pwood-Archive/
Old 02-01-2018, 09:35 AM

FYI Vinnie's always been a wood connoisseur - used to see stuff like this in his shop all the time, when I lived two blocks away; BTW he's the one who really started the whole "alternative wood" movement 35 years ago, when everybody else was "rosewood/maple/walnut, take-it-or-leave-it"...
Old 02-01-2018, 10:43 AM
Charter Member

Didn't know your were bald but the sunglasses ,white stash and beard make the look cohesive

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 02-01-2018, 01:13 PM

'Tain't me, Kev - his name is Jimmy Ceribello, and he's been a fixture on the local music scene since my wife and I were in high school, when his band (FYI Joey was their original bass player) used to play all our church dances. He and his old (literally ) bandmates, reunited under the name Atomik Age Project, were the subject of the nationwide PBS special "Old Days," where they revisited their old Brooklyn roots 50 years later; the soundtrack won several awards, and was a finalist at the 2016 TMC London Music and Film Festival. Along with keyboards and bass he currently fronts a techno-classic-rock (it loses something in the translation - you need to hear them to understand) trio called Peace Train, who are regulars on the local small-club/coffeehouse circuit...

Last edited by Steve DeRosa; 02-01-2018 at 01:44 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-01-2018, 03:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
'Tain't me, Kev - his name is Jimmy Ceribello, and he's been a fixture on the local music scene since my wife and I were in high school, when his band (FYI Joey was their original bass player) used to play all our church dances. He and his old (literally ) bandmates, reunited under the name Atomik Age Project, were the subject of the nationwide PBS special "Old Days," where they revisited their old Brooklyn roots 50 years later; the soundtrack won several awards, and was a finalist at the 2016 TMC London Music and Film Festival. Along with keyboards and bass he currently fronts a techno-classic-rock (it loses something in the translation - you need to hear them to understand) trio called Peace Train, who are regulars on the local small-club/coffeehouse circuit...
Interesting I actually figured it wasn't you, just some snowy day cornball humor

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars