The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 08-04-2021, 06:43 PM
Curiouser and curiouser

Default Obscure songs...

This is a David Bowie song from 1969... When I'm Five...

Old 08-04-2021, 08:02 PM
Charter Member

That is the first time I have heard that song. A very clever tune. Well done, in playing, singing, and attitude. Hope you make it to five, real soon.
Old 08-06-2021, 04:05 PM

Another great job, thanks!
Old 08-06-2021, 04:05 PM
Curiouser and curiouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeway View Post
That is the first time I have heard that song. A very clever tune. Well done, in playing, singing, and attitude. Hope you make it to five, real soon.
Well played!

Another obscure one... the 'hidden track' from the Dulcinea album by Toad The Wet Sprocket (Glenn Phillips)...

Old 08-06-2021, 04:32 PM

I'm a fan and performer of obscure songs by obscure artists on obscure instruments.

I play a cover of Peter Cooper's cover of Eric Taylor's "The Great Divide" which is currently just about my favorite song. On my 10 string custom F4 mandocello.
Old 08-06-2021, 04:45 PM
Curiouser and curiouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandobart View Post
I'm a fan and performer of obscure songs by obscure artists on obscure instruments.

I play a cover of Peter Cooper's cover of Eric Taylor's "The Great Divide" which is currently just about my favorite song. On my 10 string custom F4 mandocello.
Okay. You win. THAT is OBSCURE!!!
Old 08-09-2021, 07:45 AM

I'm not sure what constitutes obscure, but, I have made videos of two Kris Kristofferson songs that were not wildly popular. (They didn't receive a lot of radio time)- when I did them I was way behind the curve- not saying I'm ahead of the curve now, but, with different guitars and more practice behind me I do them better now-

I don't want to steal any thunder here by detracting from your effort so I'm just doing links.

The first one, Here Comes That Rainbow Again. I saw a video of Kris doing it at the White House and he explained that he and John Steinbeck wrote it. The original, I guess, was some scenes from the movie, The Grapes of Wrath-

The second one might be considered more obscure. When I first heard it there were only 2 videos of Kris doing it. They were in entirely different environments- one is from the Billy The Kid movie, the other is from an out door concert- mine is from my couch-

El Coyote

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell