The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 03:14 PM

Jays fan here but I have to say that Shohei Ohtani is one hell of a ballplayer - pitches at 100 mph, tied for home runs, plays oufield on days he's not pitching and has 6 or 7 steals. What can't he do? He's a treat to watch.
Old 05-15-2021, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Jays fan here but I have to say that Shohei Ohtani is one hell of a ballplayer - pitches at 100 mph, tied for home runs, plays oufield on days he's not pitching and has 6 or 7 steals. What can't he do? He's a treat to watch.
Ohtani is awesome. I wish he would stay healthy enough to be able to bat 4 games and pitch the fifth.

How are the Jays going to make out this year? They're only 2.5 games out of first and have a couple of exciting players. I saw a few games at the Skydome. What a beautiful spot next to the CN Tower and just a few blocks from the Hockey Hall of Fame.
Old 05-15-2021, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Ohtani is awesome. I wish he would stay healthy enough to be able to bat 4 games and pitch the fifth.

How are the Jays going to make out this year? They're only 2.5 games out of first and have a couple of exciting players. I saw a few games at the Skydome. What a beautiful spot next to the CN Tower and just a few blocks from the Hockey Hall of Fame.
Ohtani is the real deal. He's a DH, a pitcher, and sometimes bats on the days he pitches.
If he stays healthy, he will have a big impact on the season.

The Jays have some real good young players. Tough division, but I think they can hang in. Things will be even better when they can play home games at the Skydome.

Some years ago, my wife and I took a vacation to Toronto. She wanted to show me where she grew up. Beautiful city. Saw an Angel/Jays game at the Skydome and visited the Hockey Hall of Fame. Still have a souvenir T-shirt.
Old 05-15-2021, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westview View Post
Ohtani is the real deal. He's a DH, a pitcher, and sometimes bats on the days he pitches.
If he stays healthy, he will have a big impact on the season.

The Jays have some real good young players. Tough division, but I think they can hang in. Things will be even better when they can play home games at the Skydome.

Some years ago, my wife and I took a vacation to Toronto. She wanted to show me where she grew up. Beautiful city. Saw an Angel/Jays game at the Skydome and visited the Hockey Hall of Fame. Still have a souvenir T-shirt.
HHOF is awesome. I've been there three times. Union Station, Air Canada Center (Scotiabank Arena), Skydome (Rogers Center), the CN Tower and the HHOF all within a few blocks of each other. I enjoy walking those streets.

Old 05-15-2021, 11:51 AM
Charter Member

Beautiful pic, Dru. I enjoy Toronto... nice town. Agree about Ohtani. Wow....
Old 05-15-2021, 02:50 PM

Quote:
HHOF is awesome. I've been there three times. Union Station, Air Canada Center (Scotiabank Arena), Skydome (Rogers Center), the CN Tower and the HHOF all within a few blocks of each other. I enjoy walking those streets.

Great picture. My seats were on the 1st base side, top deck, on the rail.
Old 05-15-2021, 02:52 PM
Charter Member

Pujols signing with the Dodgers??? Guess he doesn't have to move.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...al-sources-say
Old 05-16-2021, 04:52 AM

Kerbie, I was just reading about Pujols. I'm surprised he didn't go to the American League to be an everyday DH. Looks like the Dodgers will be paying Pujols the minimum salary and the Angels pick up the rest?

Looking at Albert's stats, it's been 5 years since he hit above .245. Picking up a player for minimum is worth it though. You never know when he can step in and deliver. Looking forward to following what he does in the 'new' L.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
Pujols signing with the Dodgers??? Guess he doesn't have to move.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...al-sources-say
Old 05-17-2021, 05:44 PM

How can we enjoy the game with ESPN dorks and nerds interrupting every 3 seconds with meaningless data. I don't care of Lewis has not bunted since 5:15 on June 7, 2019. Geeez just call the game. It's boring enough without all the meaningless chit chat.
Taylor 612ce (2001)
Taylor T5-C2 Koa (2007)
Ovation CS28P KOAB - Koa Burst (2017)
Paul Reed Smith 305 - Sunburst (2012)
Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 - Autumn Sky (2013)
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat - Sonic Blue (2012)
Roland Juno DS76 (2020)
Old 05-17-2021, 06:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Kerbie, I was just reading about Pujols. I'm surprised he didn't go to the American League to be an everyday DH. Looks like the Dodgers will be paying Pujols the minimum salary and the Angels pick up the rest?

Looking at Albert's stats, it's been 5 years since he hit above .245. Picking up a player for minimum is worth it though. You never know when he can step in and deliver. Looking forward to following what he does in the 'new' L.A.
Who wants a DH hitting below the Mendoza line?

Yeah, the Angels pay everything except the minimum, so it's not a terrible deal for the Dodgers, especially with half their lineup injured.

If I remember correctly, the Cards' initial offer to re-sign him was a 5-year deal for about $165 million. $33 million a year, even back then, wasn't chump change. Didn't he end up signing for $240 over 10 years and 10 more years devoted to helping the organization? Seems to me, he might have been far better off to have taken $165 mil over 5 and then maybe renegotiated for a last 1- or 2-year deal. Then he might have replaced Musial as "The Man" in St. Louis and he could written his job description for a retirement job with the Cards or anywhere else in the city. It's hard to see what his last 10 years have looked like when they could easily have been so different.
Old 05-18-2021, 01:46 PM

Strikeouts... Corbin Burnes set the MLB pitching record last week for most consecutive strikeouts without a walk (58 Ks). Gerrit Cole broke the record last night (61 Ks). League strikeouts keep going up every year. It's feast (HR) or famine for so many hitters.
Old 05-20-2021, 09:19 AM

Jack Flaherty is now 8 Wins no losses. I'm going to keep an eye on him as a chance for a 20 game winner this season.
Taylor 612ce (2001)
Taylor T5-C2 Koa (2007)
Ovation CS28P KOAB - Koa Burst (2017)
Paul Reed Smith 305 - Sunburst (2012)
Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 - Autumn Sky (2013)
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat - Sonic Blue (2012)
Roland Juno DS76 (2020)
Old 05-20-2021, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahitijack View Post
Jack Flaherty is now 8 Wins no losses. I'm going to keep an eye on him as a chance for a 20 game winner this season.
Wow! 8-0. I remember when Roger Clemens went 24-4 back in '86. He started the season 14-0. Flaherty has a shot.

Another no-hitter last night! Corey Kluber. The Yankees got him this year for a song, 1 year $11M.
Old 05-29-2021, 04:25 AM
Charter Member

Did anybody else see Javier Baez in the rundown against the Pirates recently? That was some of worst baseball I've seen in a long time... sorry Pirate fans. It's hard to count all the mental and physical errors! The first baseman should go back to rookie ball. There were two outs... all he had to do when Baez stopped short of first base was back up and touch the bag. He was only one step away when he caught the throw from third. Unbelievable.

Old 05-29-2021, 05:32 AM

Wow! Terrible defense. Is the first baseman a career first baseman? Seems to me he's used to playing another base where you need to catch a runner in a rundown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
Did anybody else see Javier Baez in the rundown against the Pirates recently? That was some of worst baseball I've seen in a long time... sorry Pirate fans. It's hard to count all the mental and physical errors! The first baseman should go back to rookie ball. There were two outs... all he had to do when Baez stopped short of first base was back up and touch the bag. He was only one step away when he caught the throw from third. Unbelievable.

Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic