The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-08-2021, 10:59 AM
Guest 928

JD;

Thank you. My nephew and I share some inclinations, for example carbon fiber guitars. In other ways we are miles apart; my art originates from a physical sense, his derives more from a visual sense. I would like to think that my art matches his in quality.
Old 07-16-2021, 07:47 PM
Charter Member

I have a Journey Overhead, the steel string one. I have flown on hundreds of flights with it, and it does fit in the overhead bins of regional jets, unlike the Voyage Air. I have kept the Journey in cars over 100F, taken it on the beach, checked it, etc., and I have had no issues. I detune it when taking it apart, to make the reassembly easier. The metal joint the guitar is made of is very durable, and I have no fear of it failing.

Sound wise it is sweet with sustain. The neck is D shape, practically flat on the back, and quite thick. I have it strung with SCGC low tension, which sound great and last months.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber