The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 08-02-2021, 08:43 AM

Default Anybody know (anybody who knows) Robin Zander of Cheap Trick?

Fiancee and I are traveling to Memphis later this month to see the guys play and it is there I intend to properly propose to her and put a ring on her finger. She has been a Cheap Trick fan since she was 12, and of Robin in particular.

Hoping he might consider doing me a solid and give me a few minutes of his time before or after the show. Thought this might be a good place to shake a few trees. Thank in advance! Mark

Last edited by PajamasMusic; 08-02-2021 at 09:20 AM.
Old 08-02-2021, 09:12 AM
Charter Member

Never Mind

Last edited by Mak2525; 08-02-2021 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Inappropriate suggestion removed
Old 08-02-2021, 11:05 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak2525 View Post
Hey Mark: Congrats on your pending engagement! Robin is a resident of Safety Harbor, Fl - located between Tampa & Clearwater. I have met him a few times out and about in Safety Harbor, and he seems like a really nice guy. Maybe you can drop him an old fashioned letter with your request - might at least get you a shout out from the stage!

I'll send you a PM & Good Luck!
Perhaps the best way is to prepare a creative placard expressing sentiments that you can hold up at the concert to get his attention. I think we’ve all seen guys do similar things before at large events which seems to have worked out well.

Last edited by Kerbie; 08-02-2021 at 06:44 PM.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
Perhaps the best way is to prepare a creative placard expressing sentiments that you can hold up at the concert to get his attention. I think we’ve all seen guys do similar things before at large events which seems to have worked out well.

Trying to keep it low key, because she's not supposed to know until it's happening.
Old 08-02-2021, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamasMusic View Post
Fiancee and I are traveling to Memphis later this month to see the guys play and it is there I intend to properly propose to her and put a ring on her finger. She has been a Cheap Trick fan since she was 12, and of Robin in particular.

Hoping he might consider doing me a solid and give me a few minutes of his time before or after the show. Thought this might be a good place to shake a few trees. Thank in advance! Mark
A retired coworker is a friend of Rick Neilson, but that doesn't do much good unless you come to Rockford, IL. We got to watch them in bars in the early days.

1997 Tacoma PM20
1998 Tacoma CC10
2001 Tacoma C5C
2004 Tacoma C1C
2004 Tacoma EMM30 "Forum Guitar"

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic